Tethering Nikon to Mac troubles.

This may or may not help. I watched the video a few weeks ago and didn't pay much attention to the issue with Nikon, as I shoot canon.

Interesting... he claims that if you have a Nikon and also if you have a card in the camera (because you can shoot tethered with no card) and IF that card has images, then you'll see the "no camera detected" message while the activity light on the camera blinks ... it's traversing and inspecting every image on the card (not sure why) and the camera won't show up until it finishes doing this -- which he says can take several minutes.

If there is no card in the camera then the camera will show up in Lightroom tethering capture in just a couple of seconds. I presume that if the card has been erased it would also be pretty fast.

I only have Canon, but also... once I import all images and verify the import, I always wipe my memory card.

This may or may not help. I watched the video a few weeks ago and didn't pay much attention to the issue with Nikon, as I shoot canon.

Interesting... he claims that if you have a Nikon and also if you have a card in the camera (because you can shoot tethered with no card) and IF that card has images, then you'll see the "no camera detected" message while the activity light on the camera blinks ... it's traversing and inspecting every image on the card (not sure why) and the camera won't show up until it finishes doing this -- which he says can take several minutes.

If there is no card in the camera then the camera will show up in Lightroom tethering capture in just a couple of seconds. I presume that if the card has been erased it would also be pretty fast.

I only have Canon, but also... once I import all images and verify the import, I always wipe my memory card.
Thank you for the suggestion.

I removed both cards and went to import. The camera can be seen however it states it can not find any photos. (expected)

I then start tethering and it states no camera detected. I left it sat for over 10 minutes and it never showed up.

Not sure now wether to buy a cheap windows laptop or buy Nikon software. I can get the laptop cheaper than the software.

Really not happy.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

New Topics

Back