Texan By Birth, Florida by Navy

fotomonkey

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings!

Well, as the title says, I'm a proud Texan but the US Navy decided to drop me in Florida. I guess I've been here so long, though, I'm more Floridian...but I won't tell anyone. ;)

I'm just getting back into photography after a hiatus of a few years. I used to shoot youth sports (primarily soccer) with the occasional football and softball thrown in. I also shot some NCAA football and women's softball as well. I've been known to do some wedding and portraiture but I really only prefer to be a second shooter for weddings and portraits aren't really my thing. I found that I was spending my weekends behind the lens which wasn't working out with a small one at home. So I put the cameras down and stepped away.

My son is 9 now, and I'm shooting baseball. Now it's for fun, though. I'm not worrying about T&I or getting action shots of every player. I can enjoy photography as a hobby and not concern myself with the headaches. I'm looking forward to a fun season.

So that's me in a nutshell. Looking forward to knocking the dust off and getting involved.

Welcome back, you should enjoy the ride more this time without the pressure; or at least that's what I'd think

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work

Welcome aboard and thank you for the military service...

Welcome Aboard

Thank you for your service, careful with them Florida folks! Lived there 30+ years, could be rough!!!

I have relatives in both places.

Florida is by far my favorite.

Their down in the Pensacola area.

Uncle is still active on base there.

Beautiful place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome!

I never thought I'd stay in FL but the fishing is good. :) I haven't spent much time in the panhandle. Just vacationed down in Sanibel and Venice last month and had a great time (well, minus the sunburn).

I'm definitely already enjoying it as a hobby again. No pressure feels great!

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back