Texture processing c&c

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I've already submitted an entry for the 'textures' contest I thought I'd ask for some c&c on these ones.

They are obviously processed quite heavily using cs3, with about 3 texture and 2-3 additional layers on each one. I went for the 'aged' look to complement/emphasise the fact that the flowers are dying. Personally I think it works, but curious to know what others think - did I got too far?

4643870459_ed9fd1ec1e.jpg

4644485916_5be788faaa.jpg

Thanks for looking

LOVE this. Very Van Gogh.
I hate to nit-pick, but I with the petals on some of the flowers were not cropped out.

#2 > #1 IMO

#1 looks overdone and the vase just doesn't seem "old" enough.

#2 looks just right with no modern things to ruin the feel.

One thing you can do to draw attention to key features in an image with texture layers over it, is to add a layer mask then use a soft brush at around 3-15% opacity to punch a hole in the layer (use black) and reveal more of what's underneath. You need to do it with each additional layer to a greater or lesser extent to give the effect you want, and if you go too far, just change to white and paint it back in.

looks great to me! i love working w textures and this one i would find very useful!

#2 > #1 IMO

#1 looks overdone and the vase just doesn't seem "old" enough.

#2 looks just right with no modern things to ruin the feel.

Yes I feel the same, didn't really notice it until after I'd done it that the vase didn't quite fit the theme.

One thing you can do to draw attention to key features in an image with texture layers over it, is to add a layer mask then use a soft brush at around 3-15% opacity to punch a hole in the layer (use black) and reveal more of what's underneath. You need to do it with each additional layer to a greater or lesser extent to give the effect you want, and if you go too far, just change to white and paint it back in.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go next time I try one of these :thumbup:

Yeah I've seen her stuff, it's very impressive (and inspirational).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back