textures

liquidflight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been interested in capturing textures since I fisrt got my camera. Here are a few from my collection:

338%3A599923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D726%3D%3C34%3Dxroqdf%3E232344%3A73%3B272ot1lsi

338%3A599923232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3232%3E453%3E283%3E232345337485%3Aot1lsi

338%3A599923232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3239%3E635%3E%3B43%3EWSNRCG%3D323254%3B563745nu0mrj

338%3A599923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D726%3D%3C34%3DXROQDF%3E232345%3A6546%3A9ot1lsi

I like the third image. All of them seem kind of busy and nothing really catches my eye on these. Maybe you could try and have a isolated a unique feature throughout a whole texture. (some sort of main focus instead of just overall texture.

Thanks for your thoughts. Actually, when I shoot textures, I specifically avoid putting anything in to catch the eye, it is to capture the texture alone. However, I usually compose my other pictures with the basic compositional elements (thirds, subject, colour, balance etc) in mind. These are quite busy, I agree. The subject I was photographing usually wasn't smooth, except for the second shot.
Thanks again for your input, Alicia

I like the first one. Reminds me of saran wrap. What kind of shutter speed did you use?

Hi Brandon, I thought of saran wrap too the first time I saw how this one turned out. To be honest, I have NO idea what speed I shot it at. As I mentioned in one of my other posts, I know nothing about manual photography. Sometimes I play around, but I never keep track of what speeds or anything. I just kind of have fun and see what comes of it. At some point I'll learn more and then I'll have a lot more opportunities available to me.
-Alicia

i like all of them. each has a different subject. what is an eyecather - i think this can be seen individually.
your images have a very sensual touch, makes me think of skin and hair looking at them.
doesn't even the surface of the water look like a skin?

michael

I like the last one - the grass - the best. The first one is cool as well. The shutter speed was suitably long enough to get the flow of the water looking smooth, but short enough to keep the bubbles at the centre bottom. One of the pics on my site (link below, in the "Around Rosedale" album) has the rough grey of an old faded stump and the smooth blue of the sky.

I like textures as well. Thanks for sharing these.

i still can´t believe the first one, is wonderful. :shock:
Generaly speacking i don´t like textures, but these are really great, the first and the second are my favorites, i like the last one too.

ikyut

the first with water is great. Does look a little like saran wrap. Really took me back to some of my canoeing and backpacking trips. That picture almost looks better than it would in person.

You did a great job of capturing all of the important elements too!

Fine job. I want to put text on them. Personally I like to consider "texture" as backrounds. I find myself shooting at leat one or two every time we venture out. For some reason they end up in the texture folder and never get viewed again

Thank you all for those compliments! :) I am really glad the sensuality comes through. I also think of textures as background, I don't usually put anything in for a focal point.
Cheers, Alicia

Most reactions

New Topics

Back