TFCD Question

I'm glad I do not have that attitude. It would have cost me a very big job. A paying customer gets what they ask for to the best of my ability. Get your name out there as a pain in the a$$ to work with and your paying customers will soon become few and far between.

Umm... no "attitude" at all. Just good business practice. EVERYTHING is decided before entering into an agreement.

As for "paying customers,"... is there any other kind? ALL of my customers pay. For more than 25 years they've been paying. And they always come back. And I continue to deliver EVERYTHING I promised.

So, ya see.... no "attitude." It's just the way business is conducted.

Personally, I've never asked a vendor to add services or product after we've agreed on an arrangement. If I did, just who is the pain in the ass?

-Pete

Great thread peoples. Alot of questions that I have were answered in your replies.
I don't have anything much to add to the discussion, seeing as I am really in my photography infancy stage. But thanks for the good thread!

:thumbup:

Personally, I've never asked a vendor to add services or product after we've agreed on an arrangement. If I did, just who is the pain in the ass?

-Pete
Yep, well said.

But, it is fun when the client wants to add service or product after the agreement has been signed.

I always say, "Sure, we can do that. It's only money." It's fun when you see the light bulb come on as they realise it's their money I'm talking about.

-Pete
Yep, well said.

But, it is fun when the client wants to add service or product after the agreement has been signed.

I always say, "Sure, we can do that. It's only money." It's fun when you see the light bulb come on as they realise it's their money I'm talking about.

Yes, exactly. If they want something more than what was agreed upon, of course they will be charged extra for it. To have the attitude that you will not at least try to accommodate their request is just bad business sense. When you provide a service like photography, a lot of your business is going to come from happy customers who have referred you (I'm not saying that you should let people take advantage of you).

Now there are some paying customers who absolutely demand...

uhhh... let's stop right there.

Sorry. No "demands" entertained here. I'LL do what I said I would do, and YOU (the customer) do what you said you would do. It's really pretty simple.

-Pete

+ 1, amen!

I really dispise hearing photographers asking questions about pleasing "hard to please" customers. If you feel you're weak in this aspect (not directly at OP) than I highly suggest going to get a job in retail before you try to open your own photography business. These "types" can be easily shut up with a good contract/model release.

Sorry. No "demands" entertained here. I'LL do what I said I would do, and YOU (the customer) do what you said you would do. It's really pretty simple.

-Pete

I'm glad I do not have that attitude. It would have cost me a very big job. A paying customer gets what they ask for to the best of my ability. Get your name out there as a pain in the a$$ to work with and your paying customers will soon become few and far between.

"I make money, not friends"

A good way to live your life, IMO

-Pete

+ 1, amen!

I really dispise hearing photographers asking questions about pleasing "hard to please" customers. If you feel you're weak in this aspect (not directly at OP) than I highly suggest going to get a job in retail before you try to open your own photography business. These "types" can be easily shut up with a good contract/model release.

Glad that it's not directed towards me :sexywink: because I have no problem telling people what I think let it be a customer or someone on this site. I always tell it like it is. Its gotten me in trouble in the past so I like to slow it down sometimes and think first...

But it's all about coming up with a policy that works for me and sticking to it. I have no problem with doing that. But yeah, no retail for me NEVER!!! :lol:

Lol I like how people analyze everything I write. ;) Your absolutely right... I mean retail behind a counter in the store which I believe what he was referring too :hug::

Lol I like how people analyze everything I write. ;) Your absolutely right... I mean retail behind a counter in the store which I believe what he was referring too :hug::

Yes I meant behind a counter.

Retail - the sale of goods individually or in small quantities to the public

Most reactions

Back