Thank god for kodachrome

My K25 journey was a 14 days safari to Kenya (Amboseli, Tsavo e and w) in August 1981

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Remember H&W Control? It had amazingly fine grain at ASA 25, but was finicky and hard to develop.

I liked Kodachrome so much I made a pilgrimage to this place!

P6144249-XL.jpg

I have a slide, but i cant blow it up or do anything with it. It is of a train like 20 years ago,,,

Actually what year we in? Okay more than 20 years ago.,

I loved Kodachrome 25, but was never quite so enthusiastic about Kodachrome 64. If you want to see Kodachrome at it's best check this out. 4×5 Kodachromes

I know this is a late reply for this post, but the photos in the link are amazing, I can hardly believe that these were from the World War II era from the early 1940s. I'm shocked.

I loved Kodachrome 25, but was never quite so enthusiastic about Kodachrome 64. If you want to see Kodachrome at it's best check this out. 4×5 Kodachromes

I know this is a late reply for this post, but the photos in the link are amazing, I can hardly believe that these were from the World War II era from the early 1940s. I'm shocked.

Yes, pretty amazing. The link that Ashleykarl sent us to, the Pavel Kosenko blog, is basically a direct lift of a bunch of WW II 4x5 Kodachrome images posted on the shorpy.com blog. I recognized each image from the Shorpy.com site, which published them several years ago. Shorpy.com is a great source of restored,optimized, fantastic historical photos spanning many years.

Shorpy.com has a BUNCH of old-timey Kodachrome images. Here's just a sampling of the large-format Kodachrome images they have assembled: Shorpy.com

how i spent my 2018 Christmas:

upload_2018-12-30_14-42-24.png

At the lab I work at we scan thousands of slides and miles of 8mm/16mm film. Every Kodachrome slide or film roll looks like it was processed yesterday and all the others are faded and monotone in color.

I used Kodachrome for prints, it was super. Then I bought a 127 format TLR. I loved those super slides and Ektachrome. I still have them on the shelf.

This is a piece of history, for me it was the fp4 b+w film. That I used to pull to 100 asa
With mem cards it won’t be the same,
Oh I used to love shooting on ... insert brand name... mem card

Katomi,

Your comment about memory cards reminds me that my grandfather probably though I would never amount to anything, because I never learned how to hitch up a team of draft horses.

My personal opinion of the greatest loss in modern times, is the elimination of manual transmissions in pick-up trucks. Some thing just ain't right. :)

I miss that stuff. K25 was amazing film. The color saturation, especially the reds, was amazing!

I have K25 slides I shot 40 years ago and the colors are still as saturated as they were when I first took it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back