THANK YOU SONY!!!! - New SONY dSLR's!

Frequent Traveler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place for posting new digital photo equipment, but here it goes!!

Here is a link to photos of the successor to SONY's Alpha A-100 entrance into the dSLR market. This release, for former (konica)Minolta digital Maxxum 7D and 5D users, signifies Sony's commitment to the Minolta Maxxum lens mount (the "A" mount as it is more commonly known).

http://thephotostation.net/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/9757/page/1

Though lacking technical specifics, the fact that mock-ups are presented shows that Sony is to be bringing these types of cameras to market. In a press release, Sony has said it will have one of these models on the shelves this year and maybe both (IIRC). This is pretty significant because it is hardly more than a year since Sony acquired all the photographic assets of/from konica Minolta.

Yahoo!!!!

fm

I'll move this over to the 'equipment' section.

This is great news. As a Canon shooter, I love the competition between brands. Newer, better & less expensive cameras from Sony will mean that Canon & Nikon will have to strive harder to stay on top.

Those are some funny lookin' bodies. The high end sony viewfinder looks like the same one on my FE.

Oh yea, i forgot, there are also "supposed" to be more lenses coming - can you say Zeiss full-frame?!? It seems with full-frame lens offerings, Sony is likely to bring a full-frame cam to market as well - otherwise, by bother with a full-frame-size lens?

Not that a full-frame dSLR would say anything about the image quality produced other than that it was produced on a full-35mm-size sensor, BUT it makes all my formerly wide angle lenses wide again (and image-stabilized)! Yahoo!!!!!

Respectfully in speculation,

frank

Yea, that pentaprism thing sure is funky - sorta nuevo-retro Minolta XG if you ask me....but it certainly sets it apart from the other dSLR's!

Not that the new look isn't good (though i actually sorta like it), but maybe it's real beauty lies under the hood?!? In some minute way, it reminds me of my Minolta SRT's.

I am more than happy to have Sony usher in the new, continuing age of the "Mind of Minolta"!!!

fm

Excellent news. I'm hoping the new bodies will have top control dials on both sides though; the thing I liked about the 7/7D was it had lots and lots of dedicated controls.

Most reactions

Back