"Thanks" Button?

Cortian

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
May have been requested before, but I looked and didn't see it. Would it be possible to add a "Thanks" button? It's not in the interest of laziness, but of traffic/bandwidth conservation.

I never thank anyone in favor of conserving bandwidth and limiting traffic. In fact I tell people I would thank them if it wasn't for traffic and the need to conserve bandwidth.

You can like, agree, disagree, funny, winner, informative and useful any post. Just hover your mouse over the lower right corner of any post just after the signature space and the icons should appear to be chosen from.
In fact the icons should appear in any post that you hover your mouse over any part of and will relate to that specific post.

Likes are also tracked and you can see under a users tab next to a post there's their join date; messages (number of posts); then likes received.

You can like, agree, disagree, funny, winner, informative and useful any post.
I know. But when somebody complements your efforts or gives you guidance it's nice to thank them :)

I use the Like or Agree button for that...but I know whatcha' mean, neither is as direct and clearly understood as a "thanks!"

It's been a while, but we USED to have a Thanks button, I believe! We did right? We had a lotta' changes a few years back.

I know. But when somebody complements your efforts or gives you guidance it's nice to thank them :)
Another forum I’m on has an “appreciate” button, which I find useful for the exact purpose you’re asking.

Quote helpful message and say thanks. Not as direct but it's a workaround rather like using a bungee and feet instead of a tripod ;)

I use the Like or Agree button for that...but I know whatcha' mean, neither is as direct and clearly understood as a "thanks!"

It's been a while, but we USED to have a Thanks button, I believe! We did right? We had a lotta' changes a few years back.
We did; you're remembering correctly. That was a feature on whatever version of vBulletin we ran on at the time. We're on xen Foro now, so certain features or plug-ins are a little different. :)

Agreed. So you're saying that you prefer a click-type reply to thank folks who took the time to write out a compliment or offer a suggestion? ;)

Agreed. So you're saying that you prefer a click-type reply to thank folks who took the time to write out a compliment or offer a suggestion? ;)
Like I said: It's not laziness. In fact: If you look at my posting history I think you'll see that I spend more time than the average bear carefully quoting things to which I reply so as to quote no more than necessary, but enough to retain context, and I tend to reply in-line.

Much like I did with this reply, in fact :)

It's just that when all you wish to do is express "thanks," it seems excessive in the use of server space and bandwidth, both of which cost money, to do that.

Same reasoning as the other buttons.

Okie-dokie.

I wouldn't be overly concerned with the issue of bandwidth for a quick text-only post, though. We gotcha covered. :)

Okie-dokie.

I wouldn't be overly concerned with the issue of bandwidth for a quick text-only post, though. We gotcha covered. :)
Ok. Well, thanks, then
lol.gif

I'm just glad they don't have a keep practicing button

We also need a RTFM button
but that one might get broken quickly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back