Thanks to TPF!!!!!

tjones8611

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum and to its administrators. Im very new to photography, about 10 months, but the advice, C&C, and information is much appreciated!!. When I drive down the road, Im framing in my mind, thinking about exposures, shutter speed, lighting, the location of the sun, and on and on and on, all with my camera back at home. I have a new perspective on life, on photography, and most importantly, a new appreciation of the skills most of you have on here. Until you see moments though a Nikon or Canon, well Im not so sure one has truly appreciated the beauty that surrounds us, every day.

Again thanks for all the advice, information, and recommendations!!!!!!!

Scott

I echo that appreciation! I've also gotten quite a bit of advice here, and I've only been here for a week or so. My friends already call me "that guy," since I'm always noticing little photographic opportunities. I don't really mind, though.

Thanks to anyone who has, or will help me!

awesome post tj....yes thanks to all of you on the forum.....i :love: the forum ..... :hail:

I echo that appreciation! I've also gotten quite a bit of advice here, and I've only been here for a week or so. My friends already call me "that guy," since I'm always noticing little photographic opportunities. I don't really mind, though.

Thanks to anyone who has, or will help me!

haha sooo true.....now i am 'that crazy guy' i'm not sure they even listen to me blabbering now-a days.... but i just call 'em stupid and get on with it :lol:

I'm gonna toss in my thanks as well. I've only been here a couple weeks or so and I've already learned quite a bit. Great forum and great people taking the time to offer C&C on beginner photos. It is much appreciated!

This is forum is truly a great resource, many thanks to the people on this forum.

Suck up. They arent going to grade your CC better for this post. :lmao:

Hi Guys,
Since this is a "Thanks to TPF" thread, i thought i would post here rather than starting a new thread.

Well Firstly i would like say a big Thank you to TPF and its members who helped me in big way to decide what i would need.

Even though i have not been posting any questions (There are a million posts which answered most of my queries, so dint feel the need to post anything), i have been a regular follower of the forum. After reading up a lot, i finally decided on my set up. I am a beginner (been using a Nikon P&S for long time, but still a beginner at DSLR`s) and a student. So the budget was a major factor. So i chose the refurbished option. The posts out here kind of helped me strengthen my decision on picking up a refurbished DSLR.

The stuff that i bought are as follows:

Nikon D5000
Nikon 18-55 mm Kit lens
Sand Disk 4bg (15mb/sec) SDHC card

Do plan to buy a bag very soon, still deciding on which one to buy. Any suggestions?

Got the above stuff from Adorama. They had a "special price" on the body and lens. Got the lens and the Body for $524.00.Looked like a good deal to me.

Hoping to get some good shots, learn and ..Learn of course..

Once again Thanks everyone, you guys are doing a great job.

Cheers,
Angelfire

I also would like to add in my thanks. I've been here about a week. I don't have my DSLR yet, should be here TODAY! But, I'm already learning some techniques, creative ideas.. I can't wait to get started. I might post a few of mine from my P&S but kinda nervous to...

all with my camera back at home

I think I found your problem. Start taking that thing with you everywhere. Mine is sitting on my desk here at work and I am just a commercial HVAC estimator.

Hi Guys,

The stuff that i bought are as follows:

Nikon D5000
Nikon 18-55 mm Kit lens
Sand Disk 4bg (15mb/sec) SDHC card

Angelfire

I was going to purchase this same deal. and an extra lens i think... how long have you had it for... the refurb part scares me lol.

sorry--didnt mean top interrupt the "thank yous" i just randomly seen his purchase comment..

I was going to purchase this same deal. and an extra lens i think... how long have you had it for... the refurb part scares me lol.

sorry--didnt mean top interrupt the "thank yous" i just randomly seen his purchase comment..

I just got them delivered yesterday.:D Looks like brand new, however i do not know how to check the no.of clicks the cam has done. Anbody?

Well i did read a lot on refurbished nikon`s and as long as its factory refurb, it should work just fine. Adorama is a trusted site by most on this forum and you have a lot of information regarding their service on this forum as well as other photography sites.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back