thanksgiving . whats that all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how everyone complains about my comments and threads w/o a care but the first time I openly complain about a thread I get a bunch of crap

It's not so much that it's you that's complaining about the thread that gets you "a bunch of crap", it's the fact that there's a complaint at all. This thread clearly does not have any harmful intent, and any attempt to read as much into it is grasping at straws to instigate controversy. I don't think anybody has to apologize for what was said in this thread, not because it would be you that they'd be apologizing to, but because there isn't anything to apologize for. I realize that tone of voice isn't the easiest thing to interpret when it comes to text, but there is pretty much no way the comments in this thread can be seen as a wild attack on American values and principles, and the claim of such (not to mention hypocritcal disrespect in your own fashion) is purely false.

Oh don't start on the harmful intent. I have had threads locked and some deleted w/o anyone knowing and I've had no harmful intent. I felt offended by the text. And I stated it. Why are you being a jerk and carrying it on?

lol

I believe it was Sir Winston Churchill that said

"A joke is a serious thing"

He has an applicable quote to nearly every situation! :)

In all seriousness though, this international version of Tur-duc-ken has grasped my interest... I wonder if Fed Ex handles such a concoction ?

lol

I believe it was Sir Winston Churchill that said

"A joke is a serious thing"

He has an applicable quote to nearly every situation! :)

In all seriousness though, this international version of Tur-duc-ken has grasped my interest... I wonder if Fed Ex handles such a concoction ?

Sorry about that, I deleted my comment. I thought the thread was in fun and didn't realize it had turned into a puritanical fit.

Oh don't start on the harmful intent. I have had threads locked and some deleted w/o anyone knowing and I've had no harmful intent. I felt offended by the text. And I stated it. Why are you being a jerk and carrying it on?

"Harmful intent" is a subjective feeling, except for the rare case where it's clearly either completely there or completely not - this thread is a case of the latter. I can safely assume that the majority of the readership of this forum wouldn't bat an eyelash at the contents of this thread, and though while a majority doesn't make something right, in this case you lack the moral leg on which to stand on. This thread is harmless, this thread is a joke, and if it's deemed so offensive that you feel the need to decry those participating in it as misunderstanding and offensive jerks, then I'm afraid I have more important things to do with my life than bicker with someone who makes a mountain out of an anthill to spite a forum of fun and good cheer.

Sorry about that, I deleted my comment. I thought the thread was in fun and didn't realize it had turned into a puritanical fit.

:lol:

Salem indeed

Felicia, this is your official cease and desist notice. One more than you should get, since you have already been issued a final warning.

This several day long hissy fit that you are throwing is stopping NOW.

Ever since you were told to adapt your behavior to get along on this forum, you have been making meaningless report after meaninless report out of pure spite.

It will not be tolerated.

End of discussion.

They and you are making a mockery of a holiday that people care alot about. And I don't like it.

Felicia, this is your official cease and desist notice. One more than you should get, since you have already been issued a final warning.

This several day long hissy fit that you are throwing is stopping NOW.

Ever since you were told to adapt your behavior to get along on this forum, you have been making meaningless report after meaninless report out of pure spite.

It will not be tolerated.

End of discussion.

Actually I was making reports to stuff I find offensive that I usually just close the page. But this page made me stop and say something. I was offended and obviously other people were.

Edit. I was also told by another mod to report the stuff I find offensive instead of closing it.

Felisha - Don't hurt yourself getting down off that high horse. This thread, as GoM has repeatedly pointed out (although it's stating the obvious) is humorous and bantering in tone (or at least it was until you got into it). It was not bashing anyone or their beliefs. I too cherish Thanksgiving....you haven't cornered the market on that. You are trying far too hard to find something at which to take offence. Taking offence at anything in this thread merely causes you to lose all credibility with me, and likely with many others. It's a shame you seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot in this forum so soon after joining.

Actually I was making reports to stuff I find offensive that I usually just close the page. But this page made me stop and say something. I was offended and obviously other people were.

Edit. I was also told by another mod to report the stuff I find offensive instead of closing it.

Since you enjoy arguing so much, I encourage you to please take it here, and keep it off of the peaceful TPF forums.

http://www.debateforums.net/

Over and out.

Corry

antie- I realize it was a joke.. Just wasn't a very good one. I wasn't the only one that got mad.. I'm done tho. Forget it. I'm gunna go back and simply delete my complaint and you guys can get back on postin =]

I mean.. Its not like this lasts all year.. Its one damn day where all anyone ever does is stuff their faces w/ food (I'm one) and watch football, macys and victoria secret.

[RANT]You know, I was all fired up over going to my Dad's house tomorrow and being greatful he still alive to hang around with. How I'm greatful that that I've been around 14 years longer than I ever imagined I would be and had the opportunity to see my grandaughter grow up into a beautiful young woman and my grandson likewise into a handsome and intelligent young man, and get to know the rest of the new grandkids a bit.

A good day to overlook some of the many, many injustices and inhumanities perpetrated by our 'noble' country. Heck, there's been worse I suppose. But before I shake this off, and forget about your unfounded self-rightous indignation, I figure the more you know,...

Didja know that those same people later on murdered those that helped them? And infected them with disease that they had no resistance for? And their progeny went on to conquer further and further west, killing not only warriors who would give everything to defend those who INVADED their homeland for thousands of years, but they also tortured women to death and played games throwing babies in the air and cutting them in half with swords? And how still, to this very day the U.S. government still does not recognize native AMERICANS as human beings? This 'list' could go on for volumes and has- but it would be hidden and surpressed from the kid's view, and has.

You have a lot to be self-rightous over. When you grow up and read what this country has been and is really about you can feel embarrassed about getting your panties in a bunch about our crappy self-indulgent day off.

So be thankful we haven't got as bad as we've given.[/RANT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back