thanksgiving . whats that all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jols

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
someone explain please. im english and have no idea.

Seriously? I hope I'm not falling for a joke but you never heard the story of pilgrams and indians & how everyone came together to give thanks?

Story time

Once upon a time...long long ago... haha jk

Well, when the pilgrims came to the new world, the winters were always a huge struggle for them, and it required lots of food stores gathered from the previous year. If the harvest was good, they got through the winter without many fatalities. If it was a bad harvest...then well...lots of people died. After the first (unsuccessful) attempt for a colony at Jamestown, there was another wave of settlers that landed at Plymouth, Virginia. The original Thanksgiving was a feast to give thanks for a good harvest, and went on for something like 3 days (that's my kind of dinner!!). They invited the natives, who brought food. The natives helped the pilgrims greatly by showing them how to plant corn, how to fish, and how to stay warm.

So in short, it was a huge potluck with the British settlers and the Indians. Yum yum.

Don't fall for that tale!

<---As my avatar clearly indicates, it's a time for giving thanks to the Penguin Goddess, who dresses up in a puritan outfit and accepts the offerings made to her of turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Do not invite the wrath of the Penguin Goddess by failing to make the offering.

Don't fall for that tale!

<---As my avatar clearly indicates, it's a time for giving thanks to the Penguin Goddess, who dresses up in a puritan outfit and accepts the offerings made to her of turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Do not invite the wrath of the Penguin Goddess by failing to make the offering.

Hey thats the story I heard.. AND as tradition you need to Fry the Penguin Goddess in some real Butter and Garlic.

well no I didn't know that but hey America is a small little land and has no real importance to us strong-like-bull Brits :lol:

Hey thats the story I heard.. AND as tradition you need to Fry the Penguin Goddess in some real Butter and Garlic.
No, that's an old wive's tail being BANdied about by SPAMMERS trying desperately to reach 1000 posts, so that they will truly have something for which to give thanks.

HAHA I have ALL week of work! HA I win!

Oh dont forget to fry up the otters....:greenpbl: or is it boil them?:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back