That Ad thing under our Profile box is blocking typing

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had this happen before to Chrome, but that ad box to the right under our profile box, when it starts and finishes an "update" it moves my cursor to some other place than the place I'm typing in. The box is black with a rotating arrow (or something like that) when the problem occurs.

I've had the problem in the past. It's something with the ad and the browser, in this case Chrome.
I have to switch browsers (an older one) and the problem doesn't occur.

i'm curious how many other people have the problem.
The ad box, as shown below is to the right under your profile box.
AdBlowingUpTyping.jpg

here's the look of the box when my typing just stops and the cursor constantly disappears.
BLowup2.jpg

I wonder if it's ad-blocker related (The reality is, we just as soon you didn't type anything! :D )

ok, I'll just stop ty ...

:p

just when it refreshes and the box looks like that is when all typing goes whacko. After it updates all is fine again. But when it starts on a lot of refreshes one just cannot type anymore.

It does the same thing on a coin forum I'm on too in the past.
https://www.cointalk.com/threads/typing-stops.292493/

No ad blocker....and it's ANNOYING A.F., esp. on my phone. I do not use the mobile app on the Android.

And I am utterly sick of video ads..the last thing I want is AUDIO, popping up randomly, in a fricking advert. ANd closing them, and having them pop up again and again...annoying.

I'm on Chrome and I've never had that ad cause an issue for me. Let me look into it and see what I can find out.

geez, I can't even type now (writing in wordpad and copy/paste over).
But for some reason my security is getting wiped too. I have to relogin a lot now.

Yes...the need to re-login on mobile...experienced it twice in the past two days...the loss of the "Yes, From this site" on the log-in prompt asking us if we already have an account and password here...

Annoying video ads suddenly popping up with blaring audio....over and over. And over. The "Ads by ____ (red arrow)" thing...

I believe this has been fixed. Please let me know if it's still happening.

Most reactions

Back