That Old Look

vandecarr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At a wedding I shot last weekend, everyone wanted to be photographed with the older lady in this portrait.

She could only sit and her neck and eyes were in bad shape so she couldn't really be posed or moved around.

Anyway, everyone, myself included, was very happy with this shot in particular.

750.jpg

I do like it but for some reason the coloring freaks me out like it was supposed to be creepy or something? I dont know why.

I don't mind the processing, it has a neat feel to it but it seems a bit too much.

It can be tough when one subject of a group can only sit. I like that you have the shorter ladies in the middle, which does help to include the older lady in the composition...but I think it would have been much better if their faces were closer to hers. Also, I think it might have been better if the taller ladies on the outsides were in behind the shorter ones. The lady, third from the left, is just peeking out...along with this, it would hide the big bright arm of the lady on the right...as it's the brightest spot, it draws too much attention.

Anyway, if they are happy with it and you are happy with it...I'd call it a success.

thanks,

with the exception of the elderly lady everyone else in this shot was between 280lb & 380lb

The room was so small that I only had room for one light and there were tables all around my set up, it was totally nuts.

These women could not bend down without getting winded.

It was the most challenging situation I've ever been in.

I totally understand that you only had a small space to work with. The lady that is second from the right seems to be covered a bit by the lady on the rights arm.Also I dont think the post processing goes with the occasion. I would never have guessed that this was at a wedding. It just depends on the look you're going for. Other than that you did a great job with what you could do. I'm sure the subjects of this photo were happy!

Well, I don't know what to say. I only do three or four weddings per year and I won't brag about how much I make but it is more then anyone else charges, I can guarantee that.

As for this portrait....6 wall portraits on canvas my friend.

I gave them what they wanted and by wall portrait I meam 20x30 at $1600 each...no frames.

This is typical and no one markets or works the way I do at this stuff...thank God!

Most reactions

Back