That Tree

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last time I was in this area, I wanted to shoot this tree. So this time I pulled over and hiked back up the road. I couldn't get just the right light or just the right angle :confused: I know I'll be back to try this one again! All three shots are the same tree.

50286697-L.jpg

50286699-L.jpg

50286698-L.jpg

they're all really nice shots but i think 3 is my fave.

actractive cloud formation going on there too

They're all stunning, #2 is my fav. Good work!

all are just awesome shots!!!! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

Here's an original right out of the camera for comparison Raymond. I've been trying to underexpose all my outdoor shots lately to try and compensate for the bright light and white on the trees around here.

Did some minor color tweaks and a luminosity adjustment layer turned way down. Not sure what else to do to help with the sun on these white trees...any suggestions?

50553516-L.jpg

:drool::drool:
beautiful shots! The contrast is nice and the sky is amazing!! :) The tree really stands out in #2. :) Thanks for sharing!!!!

I am happy to hear that I am not the only one of have "her own" trees in the surroundings, i.e. trees that I decided are "mine"... to think of and to photograph.

Only somehow I think you manage to get much better photos out of "your" trees! I am still trying to find out how to deliberately underexpose with the new Canon ... much is quite similar to my 35mm Canon and the Powershot, but some things are different, too ... thought UNDERexposure is not what I can want in our grey and dull weather NOW...

That Photo 2 after what you did to it in PS is really viewcard-worthy ;). Very nice. And I really like your subtle work on it. "Layers" are still a mystery to me in PS... (I am a VERY slow learner, I'm afraid).

These are all nice shots, although i prefer the comp in #1 the best. I like the cloud formation, but i think the tree would stand out more against your dark skies. That's what's fun about this shot - because of the sky, it will be different everytime you shoot it... :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back