That's it, I'm done. I'm completely finished...

go on - you know you need a flash to go with that setup!
and then a diffuser!
then maybe some offcamera flash gear - like a flashbracket and cord
then - then - then.......

LOL.
Of course you're right. I do have an SB600 and a diffuser. I bought that stuff within a month of getting my camera and stopped using them pretty quickly. It limits me to mostly available light but that's good enough for me for now.
I like simple.

Plus I am so amazed that I get to bump up ISO so high in order to take good handhelds in low light. Coming from point and shoots I'm still in awe of what this d90 can do.

LOL.
I'm still in awe of what this d90 can do.

This morning I woke up with $260 saved up for a D90. I worked for 6 hours today at $75 per. $400 earned today. I have a $125 invoice still pending. That makes $785. PLUS, next week I have a $300 job. D90 in two weeks. :headbang:

All that being said...

This is similar to my passion for tailgating at LSU football games. It started with a couple chairs and an ice chest fast forward a few years and this is now in my tailgating arsenal:

3 10x10 "ez-up" canopies
10 "bag chairs"
4 6'x30" folding tables
1 charcoal grill
1 propane turkey fryer(with shrimp basket and catfish basket).
1 2'x4' "cajun microwave" (also known as a "caja China") which will roast a 100 lb (24kg) suckling pig.
2 flat screen tvs
1 15' flag pole
5 flags (4 LSU, 1 "Jack Daniels" :lol:)
1 120qt ice chest
1 40 qt ice chest
1 LSU emblazoned backpack/rolling ice chest

If not for this damn photography thing, I'd have a 5x10 covered cargo trailer to carry all of it in..

All of that PLUS the cost of food for 25, 300 proof(!) "party punch," and, oh by the way, TICKETS TO THE GAME!! :lol:

Can I get an "AMEN!" from some of the golfers or hunters out there????

s**t this hobby is just a money pit.

This is the primary reason why I do pro work... when I first got my D100 years back I looked around at lenses and was like "Oh crap... the lenses for this thing are like $600 and up... there's no way my wife is going to let me buy more than one of these a year..."

I'm so ticked the real estate market dried up this year- I was within striking range of buying my last two lenses. :lol:

Congrats on the toy and on stopping yourself... for a bit. :)

crap.... try getting into nitro off-road rc

thats a money pit
I am kind of lucky my wife understands. I know I have a problem and I'm weak. I have too many hobies. rc heli's, airplanes and cars, suba diving, shooting, marine aquaria, boats, offroad motorcycles and I'm an electronic nut. Now last week I came home with a D90 and she kinda freaked out. She had no clue I wanted to start another hobbie.....now I'm spending way to much time online looking for something cool to go with my new purchase....I'm weak!!....lol

I had no idea tail-gating was such a "hobby".
Just think of all the photos you can take of your friends at these parties. 3 tents, 10 chairs etc... those sound like some fun times !!

I had no idea tail-gating was such a "hobby".
Just think of all the photos you can take of your friends at these parties. 3 tents, 10 chairs etc... those sound like some fun times !!

Google "LSU Tailgating." It is a serious religion down here. Va. Tech came down to play us a few years ago, and their fans were awestruck at the magnitude of LSU's pregame atmosphere.

Tiger Stadium has a capacity of 92,000. On the days of REALLY big games, there are upwards of 150,000 people on campus.

Or R/C helicopters:meh:

Yeah, lost control of my blade 2 (yeah I know easiest R/C copter in the world) straight into my girlfriends collection of rare and exotic plants - helecopter fixed for 40 francs, plants replaced for 2000 francs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back