&Denekamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
well, they are peanuts..

I just had to photograph this :) couldn't help myself.. Hope you like it

Peanuts%21.jpg

Niels
peanuts.jpg

I really love this shot, great work...would have maby liked the focus a bit further down, but the way youve done it is very inventive...how do you do that border?

What a great shot!

And about your border/frame .. is it a blurred version of the image overlayed using a mask and then added the additional stuff like the wihite line and the lettering? That's how I imagine doing it... Looks pretty cool and more than "just peanuts"! :)

I'm glad you like it :D I could have focused a bit more down, and maybe I should have.. but I thought focusing on the middle peanut would have been a little conventional, and I wanted to try something a little different :)

The border was done in paintshop (not photo-) and goes a little somewhat like this:

1. Select all
2. Contract selection by x pixels (30 in this case)
3. Smooth selection by x pixels (for those rounded corners) (35 in this case)
4. Invert selection
5. Blur average by x amount
6. New raster layer (about 30% opace)
7. Airbrush - spray selection in white
8. Invert selection
9. New raster layer (about 80% opace)
10. Airbrush - spray selction in white
11. Contract selectoin by x pixels (2 in this case)
12. Delete selection
13. Put your name under it

After 13 lucky steps you should have somthing that looks similar to this :) Problem with this border is that you have to keep in mind that it wil take up x amount of pixel of your photo..

awww nutz.. :er: .. i love this ..very cool....so, why are they on a string...?

just thinking, here, but if you had a western style house, how killer would it look strung on your christmas tree..with the popcorn..and the cranberries...and the red chili pepper lights??? cute as west heck.... sorry... went off on decorating again.. my bad...(look cool in a wreath too for fall...but, thats just me.....the birds would love it, though.... :mrgreen: )

Here has to be a way to do that in photoshop too..

They're on a string cause they are for the bird, they love it, like you said :) But I guess they wont eat them no more since its spring now..

Most reactions

Back