The 59th Street Bridge

KrisztinaK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd appreciate and and all C&C you have to offer on this shot.
I'd love to improve my cityscapes/bridges before I move out of NYC (sometime in the next few years). :)

ISO100, f/8.0, 1/320

$IMG_6665_web800.jpg

Make the same shot at night (about 45 minutes after the sun sets), tighter framing, a little closer so the cityline becomes an integral part of the frame and see what you get. As presented, ther than the framing with the birds in the foreground, it's just another bridge with too much sky.

im not a "street" photographer, but I would have liked to see the bridge a little closer. get a little more detail in there, and maybe less sky on the top end.
so....basically what ceeboy14 said.

Thank you both for your input. I'm not a landscape or street photographer either, which is why I don't see these types of shots as well.

I actually have a few with the bridge more tightly framed, but will definitely take your suggestion to shoot this at night. I'm not really sure which direction the sun sets here, but might try for a sunset shot as well.
Maybe in a few weeks when the weather becomes a bit milder. I am a complete and total wimp when it comes to cold, and it is pretty darn frigid down by the water's edge at night.

Most reactions

Back