The 90mm f2 arrived

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was torn between the 56 and the 90. I have the 35 & the 18-55. Took a few shots wide open at f2. This lens seems as sharp as the 85 f1.8 with the Canon 5Dmark iii. Very happy with my purchase. Thanks to the other Fuji users here posting their 90mm photos or should I say it is all your fault ;)

1. not cropped
Carpet Rose by Cheryl, on Flickr

2. not cropped. The blur bottom left is Quincy walking by.
Snicker by Cheryl, on Flickr

3. heavily cropped
Oscar by Cheryl, on Flickr

Hmm, that lens has that 3D look.

135mm e-View effect. Rapid transition from the focused zone to the defocused zone, with a physically magnified background size, compared to shorter lenses.

Glad you like the 90mm, I love mine and from the first time it went on my X-T2 I thought and found out this is a fantastic lens that just blows me away with the pin sharp images it puts out, it has to be be used open all the time for me though.

Hmm, that lens has that 3D look.

135mm e-View effect. Rapid transition from the focused zone to the defocused zone, with a physically magnified background size, compared to shorter lenses.

This is *exactly* why I love this (apparent) focal length. It gives a look that’s so, so hard to replicate. It can really make your work stand out from the crowd, even in boring locations.

Great test shots! It's such a good portrait lens. Makes me want to take more people photos. Waiting for the timing to work out to do a photo shoot with Princess and a few of her friends...

Great test shots! It's such a good portrait lens. Makes me want to take more people photos. Waiting for the timing to work out to do a photo shoot with Princess and a few of her friends...

I know the feeling. My struggle is that I don’t really want the pressure of doing paid portrait sessions (I don’t think it’s really my forté) but I still want to shoot portraits.

Finding subjects who are both willing to model for me *and* either attractive or interesting has been a real struggle lately.

I know the feeling. My struggle is that I don’t really want the pressure of doing paid portrait sessions (I don’t think it’s really my forté) but I still want to shoot portraits.

Finding subjects who are both willing to model for me *and* either attractive or interesting has been a real struggle lately.

My portrait work is family, friends, my pups and friend's pups. I can't imagine the stress doing this as a paid job. I know a very good photographers in the area that I give referrals when I'm approached for hire. My only "real" sessions were for students we hosted. A couple and a single person that I did as a grad gift.

Maybe your niece has friends that would love photos.

Wow, what a nice look that lens has. Very nice line draw, unique. I just picked up a 135 Nikkor (you know that) for my film camera, love the FOV. Now I want one of those, Lol.

Those dogs are flippin smart, my aunt and grandma had them.

Wow, what a nice look that lens has. Very nice line draw, unique. I just picked up a 135 Nikkor (you know that) for my film camera, love the FOV. Now I want one of those, Lol.

You have a large line up of Fuji lenses. Would the 50-140 give you the same look as the 90?

The 90mm, (135 FF FOV), is an odd length for me. But I've been using it and I'm beginning to adapt and over come my initial desires for something shorter or something longer. Fujinon lenses are all super.

You have a large line up of Fuji lenses. Would the 50-140 give you the same look as the 90?
No, that 90 is very different. The 50-140 isolates similar but has a more painterly line draw to it. That 90 is bitingly sharp, not sterile looking though. The bokeh on that 90 is like an airbrush. The 50-140 is more like pastels. I don't look at the flickr page anymore, just gets my GAS flared up. I could literally street shoot with that 90 and be like a kid in a candy store. Oh, no, my wallet is quivering.

No, that 90 is very different. The 50-140 isolates similar but has a more painterly line draw to it. That 90 is bitingly sharp, not sterile looking though. The bokeh on that 90 is like an airbrush. The 50-140 is more like pastels. I don't look at the flickr page anymore, just gets my GAS flared up. I could literally street shoot with that 90 and be like a kid in a candy store. Oh, no, my wallet is quivering.

Just. Do. It. :bouncingsmileys:

I think it would be a fantastic lens for street, might even have a go tomorrow.

Most reactions

Back