The Abandoned Silo

Thank you!

I was in great rush when i set my tripod up, to take the set of 9 shots because i wanted to catch up with the passing clouds. They were only a small part passing over the silo at that time and I didn't notice the exposure... The set of 9 shots needed +4.5 stops compensation in post processing and shadows needed about +60&% to achieve the above result. Noise was removed during stacking (fortunately) at a great amount.

When I saw the underexposed images I took another set of 9 exposures but the clouds were few and the result was not that good... So I processed the first shot of 9 exposures.

Nice, I like this shot. It's minimal but I think is works well with the graphic, structural silo and almost dead space of the sky. The square boxes at the top really make this shot and it almost looks like a far eastern temple. The processing is done very well and looks natural to me. One thing slightly bugs me is that the silo doesn't appear to be bang on centred, as there's a touch more on the left than the right.

Most reactions

Back