The Alaskan Athletes

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite things about Ketchikan is the Lumberjack Show. I never knew about lumber-sports before coming here, but I'm definitely a fan now.

mg_1063_by_danostergren-d6kuv6e.jpg

mg_1068_by_danostergren-d6kuv6l.jpg

mg_1096_by_danostergren-d6kuwj5.jpg

mg_1104_by_danostergren-d6kuwjc.jpg

mg_1077_by_danostergren-d6kuv6q.jpg

mg_1083_by_danostergren-d6kuv6x.jpg

mg_1092_by_danostergren-d6kuv76.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photos Dan! We've got a lumberjack festival every year here in Northern Michigan too, and it's a blast.

Early in my career, I was a lineman, climbing poles to do construction on them for a living, so I can relate to the 3rd photo. I topped out at about 90' up poles doing work to cross elevated freeways. Took my wife with me one time to watch, and it scared the crap out of her just watching. She said she never wanted to see what I do for a living again.

I love the shot of them on the logs in the water, because that guy on the right looks like he's walking on the water--you can just barely see the log under the water.

I think it'd be fun to see REAL lumberjacks doing a show like this. We have a "Lumberjack" show at the regional agricultural fair every year, but it's the dumbest, cheesiest thing ever full of stupid jokes that not even the little kids laugh at. I doubt any of the people in the show have ever actually *worked* a single day as an actual lumberjack.

Awesome shots! I was at this show in early spring and it was a blast! My gf's daughter loved it. She got a picture with the guys after the show and wanted to play with all of the sharp, dangerous tools after that

Don't you mean Alaskletes?

All this banter has me stumped.

I like em all, but the last one is fantastic

Most reactions

New Topics

Back