**THE ALL NEW ARTSY FARTSY SELF PORTRAIT THREAD!!!!**

eddyk said:
Sorted, nothing to moan about now.

Huh? Not moaning about anything, merely pointing it out for those who don't know. Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but no need to be rude about it.

Ok, a new one of me. A very unsuccessful tribute to Nickolas Muray. I should've done it in film and should've done a carbro procedure, even though I'm not sure about how to do it... Anyway, that's the closest I could get up to Muray's talent:

NickolasMuray.jpg

and here's Muray's original, to compare:
http://www.geh.org/taschen/htmlsrc9/...tml#topofimage

omg I have the 'almost' exact same lamp as you have in that photo!! Nice copy of the photo. I think I'm gonna go try it now too. That original has something strange about it that I love!! can't place it though :-(

Grrr well I tried but my version sucked. So I did some other selfportraits on a similar sort of pose.

I've already posted this over in the General Gallery but thought they were rather fitting here seeing as though it's one of the few self portraits I've done.

IMG_4690_desat.jpg

Some comments are VERY unasked for...........! - LaFoto as Moderator -

Ooops sorry ferny. Didn't mean to get you into trouble there. I was just playing around - I thought it was rather funny to be completely honest.... and was being a bit sarcastic with my gross comment.

But now you know to play nice ---- and keep those handcuffs away from me this time ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back