The Anonymous Project--Wow!

cgw

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
I don't have to buy any, I have 1000's of 35mm slides and BW negs that customers have given me over the years working in labs.

An _excellent_ and superbly-written article you've linked us to, cgw. My grandfather left me a few thousand 35mm Kodachrome slides, all shot with a Kodak Pony 135-B. It's fascinating to see old slices of life on his slides. The Kodachromes have remained very beautiful, since the 1950's and 60's. The most-recent images are from 1976.

The Kodachromes have remained very beautiful, since the 1950's and 60's.

A lady that came to my lab in the 90's brought in about 8000 Kodachrome's from her and her husbands travels. She had about 100 of them printed (I made inter-negs) and the rest she wanted me to "throw hem away". I asked if I could have them for my collection and she said sure. Everyone of them have bright gorgeous colors.

wow, being able to transfer negatives and slides to the computer. I have 3 generations of negatives. vin

My latest free batch of another life.....

rGdzRX3.jpg

y0vIVIO.jpg

I bid on a case of slides of Athens, from the 50's, looking for some good shots of the Parthenon. the bidders had pulled out all the good slides and palmed them, vin

I wonder how long it will be before a family member recognizes their parents/grand parents and sue

I loved scrolling through the project's photos. I have about a dozen trays of old slides. Sadly they were stored in my parent's basement and have mold. I've cleaned up several in PS and amazed at the depth of color of the slides.

I wonder how long it will be before a family member recognizes their parents/grand parents and sue

I've thought about that before as I wanted to do just like they did, scan all the negs/slides and post them on a web site. So there is a "abandonment claus" that states I can do what I wish with old photos and if somebody does recognize somebody I have to offer them the negs/slides for free. Another words, they can not sue me.

i don't think anyone can sue. the friends of parents/grand parents, might get mad for being "left out" - thats' life. vin

Most reactions

Back