Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today, something from Iceland: The Arch at Gatklettur, here portrayed at sunrise last December, is one of the lesser known - but not less amazing - beautiful landscapes of Iceland. With the Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

SL_4491.jpg

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

This would be a fine image in any case, but the way you captured the water flow through the arch makes it unforgettable. Well done.

Lovely image. I agree with The Barbarian, - the flow of water through the arch makes the image - great timing.

WesternGuy

Beautiful photos, as always --

I know you teach workshops, and I'm sure you like to save the good stuff for that, but I'm curious how you use filters in some of these photos. Is this a combination of a grad filter and a ND filter? How many stops of each?

Another stunning image from you! I think I need an automated 'Like' whenever you post something.

This would be a fine image in any case, but the way you captured the water flow through the arch makes it unforgettable. Well done.

Lovely image. I agree with The Barbarian, - the flow of water through the arch makes the image - great timing.

WesternGuy

Thank you very much guys, I am glad you enjoyed the water treatment here - I felt that a relatively long exposure (4 sec) would have worked better here than a "silky smooth" sea, glad you agreed! :)

Beautiful photos, as always --

I know you teach workshops, and I'm sure you like to save the good stuff for that, but I'm curious how you use filters in some of these photos. Is this a combination of a grad filter and a ND filter? How many stops of each?

Hey Jon,

Thank you very much for your comment, much appreciated, glad you are enjoying my work. About your question, no worries - I have no problem in telling, and I am not worried that helping people on forum, if I can, would put me out of business: on the contrary. Yes, I used a Grad ND and a ND here; if I recall correctly, I had a 1.2 stop Soft Edge Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filter plus a 3 stop FH Firecrest ND. I prefer Soft Edge Grads because you can use them without any evident "filter line" on your landscapes, and this is especially true with Formatt-Hitech Fircerest, which sports a particularly smooth gradation (vs, say, Lee or NiSi). Hope this helps! :)

Another stunning image from you! I think I need an automated 'Like' whenever you post something.

Thank you very much Brent, that is very much appreciated :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

New Topics

Back