The Ascent

That signpost on the left is really distracting me. It's preventing me from going down the highway >.>
Nice mood, though.

I didn't notice the sign until it was mentioned, and now that I see it, I understand why it could be distracting. Easy enough to clone out, I suppose.

I really like the perspective on this one.

Not bad, kind of a typical road-to-infinity shot, except that the road doesn't just converge to a point, but instead vanishes into haze and grain, which at least to me makes it more interesting. The sign per se doesn't really bother me, but I think I'd like it better if a lot of foreground were removed. The upper part of the road, the trees and the haze are what really interest me here. They create a mood that is inconsistent (for me) with the clear, sharp elements in the foreground. Just a thought, possibly inconsistent with what you were after, but my two cents, just the same ...

I like it as it is. The signpost is not that disturbing for me and actually it helps the transition from real/detailed to indefinite/abstract, which for me is the main theme of this lovely photograph.

Very nice.
perhaps crop it to 4 x 5 so that some of the empty sky is gone.

16025217309_d4050305ab_llllll.jpg

Most reactions

Back