The Atypical Girl Who Doesn’t Belong ~ Sydney Yap

JohnKokWithAdSLR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have just started using Av mode and spot focusing.

This is Sydney Yap, shes … unorthodox at best XD

IMG_9302.jpg

saveme.jpg
Save Me

TheWaitingInABurningRoom.jpg
The Eternal Wait of a Fallen Star

StandardizationMassProductionPsyche1.jpg
The Era of Standardization

IMG_9147.jpg

C & C welcome, please be harsh as possible, I wish to learn

EXIF
#1 - 1/200, f1.8, ISO 200, 50 mm
#2 - 1/400, f1.8, ISO 200, 50 mm
#3 - 1/400, f1.8, ISO 200, 50 mm
#4 - 1/200, f1.8, ISO 200, 50 mm
#5 - 1/200, f1.8, ISO 200, 50 mm

Sorry about the small pictures, got bigger ones here

Artistic Side of Things

I am mainly here for technical improvement but please allow me the opportunity to share a little bit about my actual work.

All these photos that I posted all along are actually from my invention of an article that I hope can help us, through pictures and words, understand another person to a certain degree.

Rather than on a per-picture basis, kindly consider my work through an overall point of view, piecing together all the photos and words into a bigger picture.

The full article for Sydney Yap is here -> Full Article

I would be grateful for any feedback at all as they are valuable for my experiment’s progress. Thank you ;-)

The exposure is off along with the focus.

Do you have a flash?

Try not to shoot wide open for every shot.

The subject is a pretty girl, but pictures are very standard; only thing that distinguishes them from snapshots is shallow DoF (reasons explained by others, plus random backgrounds and composition).
I also took a look at the full "article" (really, more like a short chat excerpt), and in no way it communicates to me the idea of "unorthodox". I also looked at another one (random), and I found difficult to distinguish between them. Pictures are similar, chatting is similar. Apologies for being direct :blushing:.

stunning images

thank you =)

The exposure is off along with the focus.

Do you have a flash?

dont have =(

Try not to shoot wide open for every shot.

indeed =( its the last time im shooting wide open with this kind of lighting

The subject is a pretty girl, but pictures are very standard; only thing that distinguishes them from snapshots is shallow DoF (reasons explained by others, plus random backgrounds and composition).
I also took a look at the full "article" (really, more like a short chat excerpt), and in no way it communicates to me the idea of "unorthodox". I also looked at another one (random), and I found difficult to distinguish between them. Pictures are similar, chatting is similar. Apologies for being direct :blushing:.

indeed she is, thank you

No need for apologies, your directness and your point of view is most appreaciated ! =)

The similarities are there for a control. Just like an experiment, something must be constant to highlight the dissimilarities

In these cases, the dissimilarities would be the personality, the unique traits and manner of the subjects

I am trying very hard in every way I can to express this without any bias on my part

something like that

A lot of these are really soft. What aperture were you shooting at? Also, a flash would have definitely benefited you greatly in these shots..

Most reactions

Back