the B family (few kids)

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i did this family this week, thought i'd post a few shots...probably more to come, this is just a few i chose to edit up a little:

Baileys078eblurred-sm.jpg

Baileys175e-sm.jpg

Baileys102e-smbw.jpg

Baileys158ebicolor-sm.jpg

Baileys167e-smbw2.jpg

thanks for looking, as always!

any comments appreciated, although some more detailed responses would be nice (what did you like or not like?) :)

Oh man these are lovely! I love them all!

Gosh! They are just wonderful! I really like them all. Esp the last 3! So good ^_^

I think that #1 should be brighter & the arm in #3 bothers me. the pics of the little boy are so cute!

1, 3 and 5 for me,.... but as usual they are all fab. Looks like you stumble across some amazing locations... Do you choose or the client??? I am hoping to stumble across some spots like these to use as my 'signature' locations but haven't quite found them yet.

Can i ask what conversion you used in that last 'sepia-type' one... it is to die for!

Dont suppose you have had time to read the pm i wrote you about lenses?? Im sure you're really busy, but if you get the chance to answer, I would be VERY appreciative. Thanks x jem

#1, is soooo pretty. Is that all natural lighting? Or did you use something to get more on their faces? The only thing that bugs me a little is her arm. I don't know if it's just because she's so skinny, but it seems detached from her and really out of place. #5 is also quite adorable. I like how he looks like he's peeking out from behind that fence.

I bet these people absolutely love you for capturing pictures of their children that they could not get without you! And I'm starting to get a little mad at you for making me envious... ;)

I wanna be able to take shots like these!! :hail:

#1, #4, and #5 are my favorites. I'm not usually a fan of sepia tones, but I REALLY like the conversion and vignetting on #5.

~jen

I love #1 - the eyes! The girl in the left on #1 is a natural model. They all are! Great work.

WOW! I prefer #'s 2 and 4. Did you use natural lighting for these or maybe some directed flash(mostly thinking about #2 here)? Either way, these two are really nice.

I also like #1 as it has very nice composition and generally looks "warm" and is really well lit. However, somehow it seems a bit too processed to my untrained eye - maybe the subject on the left is not as sharp as the subject on the right - especially the eyes? For #3, though the lighting is excellent and the subject is very well portrayed, the arm is simply too distracting. As for, #5, for me, the vignette is too much while lighting is too dark/contrasted.

However, despite my OCD nitpiks, nice work!

frank

EDIT: I didn't mention what i liked about #'s 2 and 4. For #2, the colors are excellent - really well done. I like how the yelllow flowers illustrate the subjects "girl-ness". Also, she has a really nice smile and it shows on her whole face - very genuine. I like #4 b/c, well, b/c he is a little boy and the composition seems so plausible. I can just see him in the barn playing around... Really good choice of setting. That is a consistant skill you display. Your settings are all usually VERY good - you setting choices consistently match your subjects quite well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back