The banner ad on the homepage

altyfc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it just me or do others here find the banner ad on the homepage really irritating?

It's not the fact that there's the banner there - I have no problems with that at all - it's the sound that associated with it. It's really off-putting and kicks in every time I go back to the Forum Index, to the point that I try to avoid that page.

(And no I'm not just saying this because the company concerned also happens to have a habit of sending me junk txts on my mobile... :evil: )

Aaron

Actually, I wasn't aware of the sound (I usually have my sound off).

Which ad is it (they should actually rotate)? The idea of that annoys me, too...so I'll be getting rid of it :)

I notice it's not only on the homepage... it can happen on any page. It's the ad for First Direct.

Aaron

Just a thought, is there any way you can make the banner ads more revelent to photography? Where do you get your ads from now?

Thanks for seeing to that.

I have quite a popular travel forum and on that we use Google AdSense rather than banners. From my experience it brings far greater revenue rewards, and has the added bonus of being relevant to the text on the page.

Aaron

I've had trouble getting accepted for that program, but I have no idea why. There are several sites that I have seen which are virutally identical to this site (various other themes though) and they are using the AdSense program...but they haven't accepted this site.

That would definitely be my first choice, but it looks like it is out of my control for now.

If anyone has more info on the AdSense program, I'd be intersted to hear it. They don't give any indication as to why they don't accept a site. :?

Nice going with the adwords, Chase.

its great, I get Auckland Photography on the homepage and photo posting, US regional adwords on the general questions, Linux Hosting on the Off Topic and Save Cambodian marmots in the Feedback section. :thumbsup:

Coolstuff :) :salute:

Most reactions

Back