The Bean. Critiques welcome

MikeFlorendo

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. I had posted this picture in the body of my night shots of Millennium Park but it wasn't the subject. I was thinking of getting this one printed. It was so crowded and I didn't want all the crowds just standing out so I did a long exposure to soften the people. Thoughts?

Thanks for looking and posting-

$Daytime park (1 of 1).jpg

Very cool! I would of used a tad longer exposure, but this is a neat shot.

This is really neat! How long was your exposure? Did you need to use an ND filter?

This is really neat! How long was your exposure? Did you need to use an ND filter?

Yes I used a 3.0 ND filter. 15 sec. f18 & iso 100. Thanks Just Jazzie for looking and posting.

Very cool! I would of used a tad longer exposure, but this is a neat shot.

Yes I usually do shorter and longer but for some reason I didn't? I have a 10 second but I really wish I did a 20, 25 & 30. Live and learn. Thanks for posting sscarmack.

I think the blurry people are distracting. Get yourself an ND filter, set it up for a much longer exposure, and if any people in the frame stop moving, trot yourself over there and move them along.

(edit) I didn't see the ND filter until after I had posted.

So get another one and stack them.

using a tripod take a bunch of shots with different assortments of people in different places and then layer the shots and mask out the people

I think the blurry people are distracting. Get yourself an ND filter, set it up for a much longer exposure, and if any people in the frame stop moving, trot yourself over there and move them along.

(edit) I didn't see the ND filter until after I had posted.

So get another one and stack them.

Thanks for posting Designer. I like the blurry people but I do wish I did a longer exposure. I could have stacked my polarizer on top and tried that for a longer a exposure.

using a tripod take a bunch of shots with different assortments of people in different places and then layer the shots and mask out the people

Thanks for posting The Traveler I will try that next time.

Good find but not close enough for me. Still interesting.

Yes great shot walk past it almost every day crazy how many people are around it at all times day or night

Cool shot, but don't you just hate those people that just won't move when all you wanna do is blur them out.

... to end up with just another regular old shot of The Bean. At least, this has something relatively new to look at ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back