The Best one Yet

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This image was a great capture for me, for that I am used to capturing lightning in the dark. So My main goal here was to capture the rainbow and the barn...I had no idea that this was going to happen. I used my Canon EOS 1D Mark II, I believe the settings were f/22 @ 350. So Please feel free to critique, or if you have any comments, please share them.

Over-the-Rainbow.jpg

Thanks guys. I printed a 13 x 19 of it and it looks pretty decent. I can see that it needs a little work on the print, but overall I am pretty happy with it.

spiralout said:
Sweet! A bit of curves tweaking and that'd be amazing!

I tried making some minor adjustments in curves, but I kept losing the rainbow. So I just left it the way that it was. Feel free to try and re-post, I am interested in seeing what can be done to this to improve the shot.

I love this shot, great capture, i do have a small critique though.

My eyes follow the lightning and rainbow down to the barn and it become the focal point for me. Once my eyes arrive there, it seems like its a little out of focus or just something is missing from the barn.

Ah, I see. Looks better, what did you do to achieve that

Minor curves, hue/sat, sharpening and a bit of cloning. I had to do a bunch of smudging on the rainbow because when I bumped the saturation on the yellows I got some really bad pixelation.

Excellent! All the elements are there. I think the photo could use more editing. If you have pshop; keep in mind that overall adjustments like curves, etc is only the beginning. Selecting areas of the print and bringing them to their potential is the next step.

Good picture...but I need more colour, a darker sense of urgency, some lead in lines....Im lost in this picture, give my eyes something to focus on (forgive the pun)

i also find it ahrd to believe that in 1/350s u had the luck to get a lightning bolt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back