The Big Site change

The embeded videos no longer show up. If I quote the post the video is in, I can see the bbcode and the url, but absolutely nothing show in the actual post. So I have to copy and paste the url into a new browser window to view it. It worked fine pre upgrade.

I'll edit in the thread I discovered this in...stay tuned...

Ding!
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...gallery/236040-feeble-attempt-time-lapse.html

I'm thinking this may be a tough one to fix, but I'll look into it. Can any other iPhone / iPad users confirm this?

I can confirm it. The embedded video in the thread Bitter linked to does not show up on my iPhone.

Are you working on the big gap between the Signature and the bottom? It feels weird and its annoying to be honest. Oh and did you consider replacing the thread icons by any chance?

I ran into an issue thinking it was a bug, but maybe it's just a formatting issue since your changed the previous settings:

1. When you click "reply" or "reply with quote", it takes you to the quick reply box at the bottom (not the standard reply box as was common in the past.)
2. So you type out a long reply and you normally would click "Reply". However, the biggest button people see is the big red "Reply To Thread" button image. If you click that, you lose your entire post. Instead you have to click the very non-descript "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced" otherwise your post will be lost.

I have a feeling I can't be the only one who made that mistake.
It can be really frustrating.

Maybe make the "Post Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" buttons much bigger in another color or something?
Just a thought...

Inaka, that's pretty much how it's always been.

Besides, each button is labelled clearly...

Are you working on the big gap between the Signature and the bottom? It feels weird and its annoying to be honest. Oh and did you consider replacing the thread icons by any chance?

I think what you are talking about (gap) is dictated by the size of the info under the screen name.

Inaka, that's pretty much how it's always been.

Actually, I don't believe that's true. You always had the choice of doing a quick reply (at the bottom,) or a "true Advanced Reply" in vBulletin which brings up a new page.
When you now click "Reply To Thread" it takes you to the quick reply which is at the bottom, not the standard reply box (new page, your reply box with all the formatting options separate and not at the bottom, etc.)

The new setting is a setting in vBulletin that reduces server loads since it doesn't have to refresh and pull up a new advanced reply page, etc.
However, it is definitely different from before. Hence the confusion.

Oooooh. I see what you mean. Your right.

I guess I didn't even notice that. :lol:

No problem, it totally threw me for a loop when I first clicked Reply With Quote, and like a dummy I lost my post. :mrgreen:

It has been a while since I have been on the site but I like the new layout so far....

Please try creating new posts/threads with Youtube links and seeing if they work on IOS devices now. Thanks.

It works on iPad, and iPhone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back