The Blue Ghost Tunnel

silentmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently visited this old, abandoned train tunnel where many tragic deaths have occured. Legend has it that the place is haunted, so I naturally brought my camera along and took some images. I will explain as I post along.

IMGP0310.jpg

This is one enterance to the tunnel (this other enterance is now flooded at this time of year). At one point in the near past the Seaway Co. decided to close the tunnel up due to teens having parties in the tunnel, as well as the graffitti you see here.

IMGP0309.jpg

This was the first image I took inside the tunnel. It was warm outside and cold in the tunnel, so the mist, as far as I am concerned is natural. Some people have told me you can see a person on the left hand side of this image superimposed in the mist.

287e276f.jpg

Another of image with alot of mist in it. The strange part of this image is the small blue orb in it. Orbs are known to paranormal investigators as signs of a 'presence'. Perhaps you techincal photo people can crush that?

IMGP0320.jpg

Another image with a lot of Orbs, strangely all the mist that was there before is gone. Again, tell me what you think of these 'orbs' please.

IMGP0321.jpg

This image is the prize of my collection. This wisp of fog is unlike all the rest of the mist I shot in this tunnel, if any of my images show something strange, I would have to say this would be it.

IMGP0323.jpg

This is the flooded far end of the tunnel. I would like this as a normal image had that pesky mist not been in the picture.

So what do you think? Its a creepy place no matter if it is really 'haunted' or not. I had fun while there and will be visiting the tunnel from time to time just to get some new images.

Excellent images... perfect for the "Dark Side Gallery." There are many in the forum that would jump at a chance to visit this place! Nice shots! Love the wispy image in the fifth photo - very eerie! Thanks for sharing these! :thumbup:

Done as requested for also I do believe they belong here ... they are pretty "dark side", quite so! Whoa! Quite, quite so!
That one with the "ghost" is giving me goose bumps all over. Shiver!

Wow...these are sooo cool. Glad you ventured in the tunnel. Really like the second image with the figure on the left.
I have heard differernt things about the orbs. There was some test done here at a local gravesite with cold and orbs and fog.
What they found was that when they took a picture with in 5 minutes of a human being in the area. The molocules from the breath can still be in the air. If a flash is used, the flash can bounce off some of the remaining "breath". So, of a person is walking around in a cemetery or someplace cold, they might take a picture and there are no orbs. Then the second picture from maybe a reverse angle, there would be an orb, or mist, cause the human "breath" is still caught in the cold air. It has to do with heat/cold stuff.
There is also the rumor of dust. A flash can bounce off of it too.
This was on a show I watched on debunking these myths in photography. They had 3 guys running around taking pics to try and prove this theory. I found a link to one of the sites I was reading this on.
http://www.ghostgadgets.com/_knowledge/orbs.html
This is not my opinion, but just an interesting study that was done.
I think it is cool. It adds to the creepyness of the place. Your shots are killer. Love em.

I love the fifth one ...

Can't wait to see more from here!

Thank you everyone for your postitive comments. I cannot remember if I have stated that I will be returning to the Tunnel this comming monday after work (at 1030 PM) I will be trying to capture some more images.

Now that I know the tunnel a bit more, I hope to make some of the shots more artistic this time. Again, thanks for your up lifting comments :wink:

silentmaven said:
Thank you everyone for your postitive comments. I cannot remember if I have stated that I will be returning to the Tunnel this comming monday after work (at 1030 PM) I will be trying to capture some more images.

Now that I know the tunnel a bit more, I hope to make some of the shots more artistic this time. Again, thanks for your up lifting comments :wink:

Cool ...lookin forward to more pics. I would love to explore that place.

Hey Silentmaven, welcome to TPF and to the Dark Side. That's a great series you posted. That tunnel is very cool. I especially like the 2nd, 4th and 6th shots. Look forward to more posts from you.

hey nice series, sounds like this place has similar myths to the 'dungeons' thread i'v posted previosly.... same kind of haunted story's and the place i shot had loads of graffiti all round it too. I especially like the 4th & 5th shot here, very eeire. good one :thumbup:

wow..that last shot is really cool....love the reflection...

these are a great addition to our gallery, here...

welcome...and please, feel free to add more eerie stuff....we love the creepy weird eerie scary stuff here....it fits right in..!!

Just an update on the next visit to this tunnel for those who where looking forward to new images from the tunnel. Unfortunate events have happened that are halting my Monday evening visit. I am hoping to go on the following weekend. My apologies to those awaiting.

I live and grew up in St. Catharines. I have also been to this tunnel many times. The strange picture I had of this tunnel was from the flooded side, outside the tunnel, off to the right. In the middle of the tunnel was a bluish white mist with a large figure in the middle of it. There was no fog/mist that day, nor was it particularly cold or warm. Unfortunately the picture has gone missing on me.

A strange occurance I had in the tunnel, was voices coming from the opposite end, after going about halfway the voices switch ends...this could just be acoustics due to the bend of the tunnel.

Most reactions

Back