the boy and the dog xx

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys... I was a bit disappointed at the lack of feedback for my recent post - reflective lighting... Not sure if they were that bad, they didnt warrant replies :grumpy: ?xx or if maybe i posted too many. Was really wanting feedback on 2 in particular so im reposting them...(hope its legal x)... The first is my son Jay... the original was quite dark so i mucked around with levels, contrast etc then adjusted the curves... i know its light but seems to work for me with the true colour of his eyes and porcelein skin? Really wanting to know what the pros :hail: think??? Xxxxxx:heart:
IMG_3697bordersx.jpg

IMG_3855bordersx.jpg

jemmy said:
i know its light but seems to work for me with the true colour of his eyes and porcelein skin

What I have learned through out this FORUM here itself is.... Its art.. IF you like it that is all that matters.. THis is your work.. We are all going to look at it differently... As in the PM I sent you because you were curious about the top one here... TO ME its to light.. Id like to see it a little darker and maybe a smidge more contrast to make him pop more.. BUT that is my own personal taste.. YOu said it seems to work for you.. Then this is all that matters :)

first one: i like it light but make sure his hat doesnt disapear into the background

For the dog one, you focused on his head hairs rather than his eyes. I think it loses a lot of interest as you can't look at his eyes since they are out of focus. The boy is a very nice portrait but the fact that he's wearing a white hat on a white background makes it blend in too much. I spend more time looking at his hat rather than his face.

seven said:
For the dog one, you focused on his head hairs rather than his eyes. I think it loses a lot of interest as you can't look at his eyes since they are out of focus.

you are spot on... just liked the 'not happy' puppy pose, bumma that the eyes are not focussed!! still learning xx

The boy is a very nice portrait but the fact that he's wearing a white hat on a white background makes it blend in too much. I spend more time looking at his hat rather than his face.

again, spot on... was the only cap we could find and he wanted the 'cool' look... such a poser.... only took half dozen with it on and once i finished the shoot, was kicking myself that he had it on in this one as it was prob my favourite xx oh well

THANKS HEAPS FOR YOUR COMMENTS XX:heart:

Most reactions

Back