The bridge - diptych.

Ink.

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photo was one of those which You want to take so deeply by so many tries and You always need to struggle with unfavorable light. Last time, finally, I got luck! So here it is after a dozen of separate tries and approaches (different time, season, month etc.). Was it worth all the effort?

yes please.

VERY INTERESTING SHOT, IT WAS WORT IT!

Well done. But know that the image on the left is a stand alone winner.

i was thinking the right myself. I dont like the shadow on the left.

Well done. But know that the image on the left is a stand alone winner.

i was thinking the right myself. I dont like the shadow on the left.
I'm sure that shadow was a planned element in his composition. It's one of the many shades of grey present. it also adds to the juxtaposition of strong opposing shapes. The softness of the curves and the strength of the straight lines is accented by the straight on view. Both images have this but it's stronger through repetition in the left. I'm not sure why he made a diptych, but the left image is a thinking man's work of art.

Ink; you should unhook them, straighten them, and then re-connect them. The building is off by 0.2 degrees. I did not verify the bridge detail, but it looks a little bit off to me.

Both images supplemnts each other. Good idea and execution.

What was idea of such presentation?

First of all contrast - the same scene (almost ;) ) may look diferent in the same lightening conditions - just because we change the view angle. But not only because of (lets say tonal) contrast, aso due to conceptual contrast - differences between those two pictures leading to the conclusion that the left is an introduction of photo on the right side, while right is the explanation of the left one and so on :)

Secondly, due to my personal interest in such presentations - I'm a big fun of diptychs, triptychs and any other combinations (four packs are very chalenging but also rewarding after all, IMHO).

And finally because the right one is definitely not a stand alone photo at all - IMO it is not full without the left side - to many details to pretend to be an abstract or minimal, not enough context to be the topic itself though.

Thank You all guys for Your feedback and reviews!

Designer: I will look at both once more, although I'm pretty sure that the right one is streight (may be wrong but double checked it). The left one may be not so precise because the perspective was tricky - thanks for feedback.
And YES the bridge's shadow was an intentional element of the photograph :) This was the reason of so many tries - the trick in this place is that it is visible in this place only in specyfic conditions (as occured, c.a. 1hour before sunset in mid July - direct sun, no clouds).

Most reactions

Back