The bridge

amoki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm 19, I'm not a rich kid, and I don't own a SLR nor a good digital camera. So armed with a PDA (Sony CLIE NX-80V), 1.3 MP Camera with 1X Electronic Zoom, I decided to take a walk one fine day... and found a nice shot.

dsc01022.jpg

Feel free to tear it apart :)

P.S - I know, with the price of that PDA 1 year ago I could have gotten an okay digital camera, but that PDA can do more things than just shoot photo :) And oh, this photo's from New Zealand.

Welcome to the forum, Amoki, and believe me: it's not the camera that takes the photo, it's the person behind it. There are impressive photos taken with impressive cameras here, and equally impressive photos taken with a Holga. All has its place as long as the photo is well composed, well exposed, well framed, maybe even telling a story - but the camera with which it was taken doesn`t matter one bit, I say.

So do send us more photos from your beautiful country where many of us would love to go to one day, but for some it's just too far away... And if the ones to follow this one are as nice, I'm very much looking forward to more :).

Welcome to TPF, Amoki. Lafoto is right - it's all about the photographer, not the camera. ;)

This is a very nice shot. You've composed it nicely and captured the bridge's reflection in the water. You might want to consider cropping off some of the sky in the top, there is so much empty space in the top part of your image, it detracts the eye from your subject.

Hope we see some more images from you! :D

LaFoto said:
Welcome to the forum, Amoki, and believe me: it's not the camera that takes the photo, it's the person behind it. There are impressive photos taken with impressive cameras here, and equally impressive photos taken with a Holga. All has its place as long as the photo is well composed, well exposed, well framed, maybe even telling a story - but the camera with which it was taken doesn`t matter one bit, I say.

Well, it does matter in mine :). My camera don't have optical zoom, lousy megapixel, don't have a flash (and uses "capture light" instead - a small but powerful light bulb but still useless at medium-to-long range ), virtually useless for night-shot, and not very good auto-focus. I have to WALK to get the shot.

But heh, thanks for the rest! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back