The Bucket

Hey Corrina...I'll try and give the moves the eye through the shot vs. too busy comment...

What I meant was that there seems to be too many focal points to me in this shot.
-the bucket
-the recycling bin
-the wire cage thingy
-the two other metal storage containers...

However if the bucket were dominant, and the rest blurred it would give more of a focal point...Now if we took this same shot and the bucket were prominant, and then the last container on the far right was, and everything else blurred or darker or was distinctly different, then that would help in moving the eye from one point to the other, and thus leading your eye through the shot, (but there being more than one focal point is a bit of a problem.)

I tried to find two of my own images to btter illustrate, here's what I came up with:

Haybales.jpg

IMG_5731.jpg

In this shot of the hay bales, there is no real focal point IMO. You eye does move from hay bale to hay bale, but just can't find a place to land. But in the shot below (excuse poor quality it was taken through a car window)...a similiar shot, there is the one hay bale in the bottom left...the focal point...it's larger than the rest and stands out as more prominant...however the other bales lead your eye through the shot

Don't know if that makes any more sense or not, or if I rambled on w/o a point :lol: But whatever the case I prefer the first image of my hay bales where there isn't really a dominant point, because objects are fighting for attention...they're all relatively the same size and are spread throughout the page...in your shot you posted the bucket is small, and the other objects are all different sizes so they fight for the eyes attention...

Just my opinion Corrina...not saying these ideas are facts, but they're something I've been taught and am still learning about...

Yes, thank you Amanda. I think I see what you mean. Maybe I should have moved even closer to the bucket... I don't know. In colour it stands out (a bit) because it is green while all the rest is blue/bluish...

LaFoto said:
Yes, thank you Amanda. I think I see what you mean. Maybe I should have moved even closer to the bucket... I don't know. In colour it stands out (a bit) because it is green while all the rest is blue/bluish...

You might try some selective coloring with it then...just color the bucket...or vice versa, color everything but the bucket :)

Can't :( Haven't got either the skill nor the software for that.
Can I send you the original colour photo and you do it for me? For fun only, or just to see how it would work?

And Eydryan, this is not nice of you to say ... plus it is wrong. It ought to be "to hell with the bucket". Which I did not think... I actually had hoped for a chance to re-shoot and work on what many took for a mistake in my first photo. So I do not appreciate your silly comment.

LaFoto said:
Can't :( Haven't got either the skill nor the software for that.
Can I send you the original colour photo and you do it for me? For fun only, or just to see how it would work?

And Eydryan, this is not nice of you to say ... plus it is wrong. It ought to be "to hell with the bucket". Which I did not think... I actually had hoped for a chance to re-shoot and work on what many took for a mistake in my first photo. So I do not appreciate your silly comment.

Sure I'll give it a go...I probably won't be able to edit it til late tommorow afternoon or evening, but I'd love to do it for you :) [email protected]

Thanks in advance, Amanda. E-mail should be there. :)

Alright gave it a quick go, the second one defnitely needs more attention as there are tiny parts of the bucket that are green...but I did it pretty quickly...anyway, my preference for the two is with the bucket colored.

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4121sc.jpg

And did another to increase the contrast and bring the shadows out...this is my fav of the three:
IMG_4121contrast.jpg

:D Thank you, Amanda.

I like the bucket-green-rest-black+white one, and then the second of those... even though the shark contrasts also enhance the hot spot on the rim... but so what. Thank you again. This is fun. :D

well then maybe they didn't load the last time i looked because i checked it twice and they weren't there. well, they are now :D

but why don't you combine the two colorations, i mean the green bucket and the blue background?

What?
Why combine them?
Full colour has always been the original!

Most reactions

Back