The "Canon" family self portrait . . . OOPS!

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to try and take some family self portraits over the weekend and got shnoolered by my super cheap and flimsy tripod. I would set up the composition, focus, exposure ect, then set the timer and run back to position only to later find out that the camera is so heavy now that my $24 cheapo tripod can no longer hold it into place and the focus fell out almost on every single shot. I ended up with wonderful backfocus on many of them but "We" the subjects had fallen out due to the lense falling towards the ground on the feeble old plastic mount. Not too mention my son was teething quite badly by the time we arrived at our destination (which was where we had our wedding photos taken 6 years ago) and we could not get a nice face on him no matter what! Oh well, we shall try again soon. Maybe we will even get some nice fall colors to play with some time before the snow starts to fall :confused:

CRW_2637_8x10web.jpg

BTW: I know the crop is quite wide but this was originally intended for an 16x20" print to hang next to our wedding photo which is of the same approx crop ;)

I think that will look great in a large print! I can't get over how big your son is already!

He's teething already??? Holy crap, I remember when we were going on about how excited you were going to be when he got here. Jeez, time flies, huh? Mine just started crawling, so I know how it goes! (BTW, mine is also sitting here rocking with my wife at 9:30 at night because she's sprouting two more teeth. :er: )

Ya we just hit 4 months and are pretty quick on everything except crawling! Weighed in at just over 16lbs already and is in 90% on just about everything. Our new favorite pastimes are drooling and chewing on everything in site! In need to spend a little time and post some of my recent pics of him ;)

Maybe I'll have some more time tomorrow :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back