The Capitol!

doobs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I live in Sacramento and went down to the capitol the other day. I shot this on HP5+ at 400 around dusk. I used a Pentax K1000 with a Tokina 28mm lens shot at f/2.8 at probably 1/500 shutter speed (could be less) I also used a polarizing filter in the sky to darken it up. I've printed it on Ilford Warmtone FB then toned it in Selenium and it produced a weird purple hue in the shadows and a little bit of the midtones as well.

Rip it to shreds!

1565468761_d9bad257f5_b.jpg

Yes, it scanned crooked :\
Scanner also left some dust on it.

Wow, this is a blast from the past, Doobs! Or should i say Arhy, since you brought it back. Anyways, it's a nice shot and has some nice patina on it. Not quite sepia, not quite true black and white. One concern: for an image shot at such a large aperture, why are things in the background in focus, too? Is it because you were focused on infinity?

Absolutely beautiful. The imperfections add to the overall effectiveness of the image. Distortion is perfect and also dig the print edges.

Dramatic POLITICS! Gotta love it. I think this is a great shot and dont worry about the crooked or dust in pics like these. Just makes the picture pop!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back