The cat and the fox

Original katomi

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
49330F1D-14EC-4404-9E5F-A31DE7AFC6DB.jpeg ED0C3203-E3E4-4360-B4FE-CCB15E2A7B13.jpeg A03E329C-9087-4A62-8D4A-E9DB5B5CFC1E.jpeg 4A77CE5A-F7EC-4181-80D9-1AFC1A5D102C.jpeg ED0C3203-E3E4-4360-B4FE-CCB15E2A7B13.jpeg
A young male fox visits us, he loves to play with one of our cats. In fact sometimes he is head over heals.

A bit grainy as I had the iso on the 60d wound to max and still there was not enough light lol

Thanks, hope that there will be chance for more as he grows

Very neat set! Even if a touch blurry, if you were wide open (aperture at its widest, f number at its lowest) and at the highest ISO then it must have been pretty dark so, yeah, pushing the camera to its limits (as wildlife often can).

As you say its play (and the cats ears are forward rather than back even when very close up to the fox) then chances are you'll get more opportunities. You might even try flash, in general most animals are pretty oblivious to flash. They tend to ignore it more than react to it - sound tends to have far more impact. However each animal is different and different experiences in their lives as well as their own disposition might well vary their reactions.

Hi yes f stop was f2 as wide as I could get, iso maxed out and resting on the wall to steady the camera so yes I knew that the pics were no prize winners but more of record shot
Flash is not really an option as the grounds belong to someone else and I can’t really start setting up flash units distance wise it beyond the Range of the flash unit.

If you've got a speedlite design flash you could use a "Better Beamer" attachment which is often used for wildlife photography to give a bit more focus to the flash. In the near dark the issues with sunlight reflection (the better beamer is basically a lens that focuses the flash light, but it can also work in reverse and sunlight falling directly on it can reflect back - typically burning/melting the plastic case of a flash if you're not careful - its rare but can happen)

The only thing you would need is to make sure any windows between you and them were open otherwise you'd get reflection bounceback of the flash off the glass.

It's a nice set, you're lucky to have captured them, let alone get real good pics of it. Good job!

Overread, hi thanks for the comments. I am not giving out too many detail because don’t want to many peeps coming here to see fox. However, I am outside with the fox, the grounds he plays in is next door but I can’t set up flash. I do have some close up pics as he comes up to us if we sit quiet. Hand fed him the other night

Most reactions

Back