the Charm of Savannah, Georgia

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some more pictures taken in Savannah, Georgia. It's a charming little town, laid out in a series of grids around 21 public squares/parks. (Which makes it very beautiful, but a bit of a nightmare if you're driving there and get lost…I swear I must have had to drive around at least 11 of those squares as I tried to return my rental car in an area full of one-way streets.) It is known for its colonial architecture, ornate ironworks on the older houses, gardens, and as a commercial port, given its location at the mouth of the Savannah river. It was the setting for the book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil".

1. The market area
img1708flowercartpsmediumqv3.jpg

2. A backyard garden
img1689psgardenmediumrk6.jpg

3. Ship on the mighty Savannah River
img1831harbourshiphr3.jpg

4. Seating under the oak trees dripping with Spanish moss. These beautiful old trees are all around the town, forming canopies over sidewalks and roads. In the background of this shot is one of the old historic homes with the 'welcoming arms' style of front stairs.
img1842psmediumab1.jpg

5. One of the many fountains in the town
img1854psmediumso9.jpg

6. House from 1855, with some ironwork, and the leaf-covered steps that many houses seemed to have.
img1868psmediumwh6.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful! Makes me want to go there. I LOVE live oak trees. They're my favorite! I'm still working on some pics I took in Charleston, SC that had some live oaks in them. :) These are great!

I love number 5, it reminds me of Torquay for some odd reason

Ya got some amazing images there Anti. Love the way you have framed and composed them. Nicely done!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

great series anty... looks like a wonderful place to visit. those oak trees are amazing. i have a live oak in my front yard, but it doesn't look anything like that! :lol:

Most reactions

Back