The Chicago Aermotor. Windmill study pic heavy

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Surprise Valley is dotted with windmills like this one. They pump water from wells into stock tanks mostly intended for the free range cattle and wild horses.
I spent an afternoon shooting this windmill. Every few minutes offered a whole new look. I just couldn't stop shooting.
C&C welcome. Thanks for looking

1. ND filter long exposure
aeromotor-1.jpg

2. Narrower field of view 105mm
aeromotor-1-2.jpg

3. Wide angle blue sky
aeromotor-1-3.jpg

4. Sure enough, a herd of wild horses came for their evening drink. I saw them from far away and gave them plenty of space at the stock tank
aeromotor-1-4.jpg

5. more horse pics
aeromotor-1-5.jpg

6. Then they went on their way into the evening.
aeromotor-1-6.jpg

7. I took one more shot. The Chicago Aeromotor and Surprise Valley just kept giving.
aeromotor-1-7.jpg

Last edited:
For once I can not pick a favourite as all are very nicely taken, have you tried any in b&w as would look great too ?

Thanks very much Dave. B&W is a great suggestion I will try it out on a few views.:encouragement:

3 4 6 & 7 would look fantastic imo, as the whole scene and clouds.

Thank you very kindly tirediron :)

Much appreciated Jeff and Dean!

Some very nice pictures. I especially like the long-exposure shot done with the ND filter. Looks like a simply wonderful place.

Thank you I appreciate that!
Derrel, this valley really is magical. Half desolate, half lush and a wonderful destination with hot springs.

Great set of shots, well done. #1 is brilliant, and I also like #4 - so they'd be my two favs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back