PenguinPhotoWrx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Coast, El Conquistador Resort, Fajardo, Puerto Rico

DSC_0094_1.jpg

Looks slightly underexposed? Maybe by 1 or 2 shutter speed stops

Yeah, either underexposed overall or at least too dark in the highlights and mid-tones.

OK- pumped up the saturation in GIMP. I think this is a little better. When I lightened it up, it got real washed out, especially the haze in the distance.

DSC_0094_2.jpg

I'd saturate it, but maybe not that much and try to lighten it less than where it gets washed out. It's still looking a lil underexposed.

Maybe I have overdone it, but tried to increase the exposure, bring out a little more detail and upped the saturation, see if it floats your boat

dsc00941l.jpg

Hmmm- maybe- I think we reach a point of diminishing returns though, because I think the foreground and ocean no longer match the horizon with all that haze. But I see where you're going with it. (The humidity that day was over 60% @ 95 degrees.)

I'm new to this, so I still have to play around with gimp to understand what it can do.

Thanks!

Yeah that haze caused a bit of a bother with my editing, after applying the changes I mentioned above the haze came up all grainy and ugly, and I had to remove that selectively from it, causing the disparity :)

On a nice day, you take a ferry ride out to that island in the distance (Palomino Island)- that's the resort's beach. A mini version of paradise (and yes, the beer is cold).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back