The Coffee House

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Glad that princes is doing great in school. Good that she is nearby for a dinner meet up. When our oldest was in college nearby she invited us over about a month after she moved into the dorm. I went shopping and had several grocery bags of snacks. Thought I was going to get mugged in the hallway :lol:
Lol! I get that vibe when I’m there too. Despite the extremely expensive room and board meal plan (required), food at the campus dining hall is a bit gross and is an ongoing issue from what I’ve learned. I have been sending a steady supply of meals they can zap in the microwave. Last week I made them a big pan of baked Mac n cheese and a couple of batches of nestle toll house. This week I’ve promised spaghetti and meatballs.

OP
snowbear

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
It's supposed to rain here, tomorrow - The Fire/EMD Operations Duty Chief asked if I could provide any floodplain maps; chance of coastal flooding. Even though we are not on the coast, we are between a couple of tidal rivers, so it could be interesting. If it get's real bad, I'll see how this Jeep fords streams.

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Lol! I get that vibe when I’m there too. Despite the extremely expensive room and board meal plan (required), food at the campus dining hall is a bit gross and is an ongoing issue from what I’ve learned. I have been sending a steady supply of meals they can zap in the microwave. Last week I made them a big pan of baked Mac n cheese and a couple of batches of nestle toll house. This week I’ve promised spaghetti and meatballs.
The meal plan is expensive! If my daughters had money left on the plan at the end of the year, they would go to the little on campus quick type shop and spend the remainder. We had snacks for months. I donated some to the local food pantry. Any money left on their plan was not carried over to the next year. So use it or lose it.

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The 3yo grandson was in town for a few days. He doesn't visit often and just now warming up to us. When I act silly for him, he laughs and then says crazy. Guess I am now the crazy grandma.

Set up this years' xmas set and took a few photos. The session was only 5 min and he kept asking if we were done. Didn't get him smiling big, but got this half smile. Another day tried to get his photo in his dinosaur halloween costume and the photos were him laying on the floor in melt down mode. I did get a couple as he went up the steps.

102821_008SmallWeb.jpg

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another day tried to get his photo in his dinosaur halloween costume and the photos were him laying on the floor in melt down mode.
:biglaugh: Kids! I don't mean to laugh, but he's so cute and I can just envision him so clearly in melt down mode!!

Thank goodness you got this one. It's perfectly fine, and he's adorable in his jammies!

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
:biglaugh: Kids! I don't mean to laugh, but he's so cute and I can just envision him so clearly in melt down mode!!

Thank goodness you got this one. It's perfectly fine, and he's adorable in his jammies!
It was a cute meltdown :) He was wearing a dinosaur costume :lol:

OP
snowbear

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Taking a short break from work. I'm locating (to map) specific trash bins. I was given a spreadsheet with the "locations" and get to map them, after verifying the locations. Sometimes the people who make these lists aren't very precise; my favorite in "Cabin Branch Road / 4th Telephone Pole" :BangHead:

Rains stopped after Saturday night and the streams are still high, but not over the banks, from what I've seen. Still working to get stuff out of SIL's place, but MLW is confident we can get it done this week.

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
"Cabin Branch Road / 4th Telephone Pole" :BangHead:

"Cabin Branch Road / 4th Telephone Pole" :BangHead:
Sounds legit ! Many years ago my Dad gave me directions for us to meet him at a campground. He said to turn left at the large tire. Well that is what I heard, but he was actually saying tower.

OP
snowbear

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
My mother grew up in an area where a local furniture store had a huge chair in the parking lot, so "the large tire" would make sense to me.

vintagesnaps

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
3 year old, meltdown, that sounds about right ! lol having worked with that age group for 20 years. Cute picture of him, love the Santa hat dinosaurs.

@Sharon - Merrimack! I've seen them play hockey here years ago. Should hunt thru my old pictures. They were playing in an older smaller arena where they let fans stand around the glass the whole game so of course I took pictures. I think I've seen most of Hockey East in a tournament that used to be played here.

College food seems to not have improved over the years! lol I still to this day cannot eat chicken parmesan. Not sure why we had that every week...

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Hi Hosers! My Milky Way photo posse went out last night to get photos of the northern lights without me because I had another commitment. Of course they got some awesome amazing looks at the lights. I am debating going out tonight but I would have to cancel some plans and go up two hours north by myself… Sigh I don’t know what to do. Having major FOMO but I also don’t want to throw my whole weekend into chaos by being out all night in the cold - also changing my plans tonight means moving things to tomorrow and working with little sleep… but it’s the Aurora baby!

OP
snowbear

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
They were visible in about the same areas a few years go, so you'll get another shot if you can't do it tonight. These things are cyclic. I'm wishing this was delayed a week or so - we'll be up over the Holiday.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I decided to skip it because the forecast called for a little bit more clouds than what I was comfortable with for that long of a drive. I’ll just avoid Instagram and Facebook for a few days in case everybody else went up there and got their shot of a lifetime LOL.

Most reactions

New Topics