The Coffee House

Warhorse

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Hosers.

Got my second booster this morning. I expect tomorrow to be a couch day, and that's no big deal. Feeling tired and achy...well, it's not all that different from how I usually feel, so whatever ;) I just hope my arm doesn't react the way it did to the first booster. I had Pfizer for the first two primary COVID vaccines, and then I switched to Moderna for the boosters. The first booster left a huge, hard lump that took up half my upper arm, and not only hurt, but it itched like crazy. And it lasted for over a week. The Pfizer shots just left me sore for a day or so and then it was done. I am really hoping that doesn't happen again. It was doubleplusungood.
How long ago did you get the first booster? This second booster is news to me.

OP
snowbear

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I had the first booster in November '21, the second in April '22. I was luck enough to just have some soreness min the arem for a couple days.

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
How long ago did you get the first booster? This second booster is news to me.

First booster was at the beginning of December. The recommendations for a 2nd booster started around the end of March/beginning of April. It's currently recommended for those over 50 or with underlying conditions and four months after their first booster.

The county where I work just upgraded to a higher level of alert. Masks had been optional for a couple of weeks, but we are back to mandatory masking as of Monday. Which is fine with me. It still feels weird being inside a public building without a mask. I've kept the mask off if I am in a store for just a few minutes, but anything longer than 5-10 minutes and I always have a mask on.

Last edited:

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm ready for my second booster. I just keep forgetting to get online through Walgreens to schedule it. It's silly to have to do it that way, since the demand is so much more manageable.

Happy Friday the 13th, Hosers!

Warhorse

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks limr, guess I'm due for my second booster in August.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I’m putting off the second boost as long as I reasonably can. The second shot gave me tinnitus and the booster brought it back just when it started to fade. I’m at that point now where it’s almost ignorable and I’d like to have a few peaceful months first. My risk level of exposure is pretty low - I work remotely, avoid crowds and I mask indoors in public places.

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've had 3 Moderna, DW has had 4 (immune compromised).

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Happy Spring, Easter, Passover, Ramadan!

View attachment 255476
132CB6C7-262B-4486-821E-CC9BBE6DED56.jpeg

Warhorse

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Looks like we are not going to see the lunar eclipse here tomorrow evening. :icon_sad:

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Looks like we are not going to see the lunar eclipse here tomorrow evening. :icon_sad:
Likely will be clouded out here as well. Was also hoping for sunset moonrise tonight but 96% cloud cover is a non starter.

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Likely will be clouded out here as well. Was also hoping for sunset moonrise tonight but 96% cloud cover is a non starter.
We'll try to watch for it but we're due to have clouds building by late afternoon, so I think it'll be a bust here, too. Too bad, since last night's moon was full/near full and very visible from the yard.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
It did clear up over here for the eclipse but not for my target which was sunset moonrise.

OP
snowbear

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
We had a thunderstorm blow through last night. It was partly cloudy until a little after we got home, then the rain started. Pretty much overcast, today, as well.

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
There's a litter of kittens underneath our neighbor's deck! We can hear them when the mama comes back. I want to go see them so much, but of course that's a mistake. She'll just move them, and our neighbor actually fosters kittens and works with a rescue group. They're watching and waiting a few more days before attempting to get mama.

The kittens themselves will be easy. They'll be kept together before adoption efforts start. 🐈 😻 🐈‍⬛

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
There's a litter of kittens underneath our neighbor's deck! We can hear them when the mama comes back. I want to go see them so much, but of course that's a mistake. She'll just move them, and our neighbor actually fosters kittens and works with a rescue group. They're watching and waiting a few more days before attempting to get mama.

The kittens themselves will be easy. They'll be kept together before adoption efforts start. 🐈 😻 🐈‍⬛

KITTENS!!!

(For the record, that was yelled out in a pitch so high that only dogs could hear it.)

Most reactions