🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LqnCuJ 🎁

The Coffee House

Contract getting signed today, closing July 12th. Oh and that garage....? Well it's a 1-1/2 cars wide and tandem 2 cars (Mustang's) long!

AVHPFi5.jpg

Fantastic, congratulations! What an adorable house. I've always had a thing for brick houses, and I love those big windows.

Last edited:
In grad school, I rented a house with three other people. Rent was a total of $1200/month, so $300 each. Three floors, (four including the not-totally-finished-but-not-a-murder-basement), six bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a small back yard. That was in Pittsburgh. I still think about that house. We called it the Funky House. The walls were painted with that sort of popcorn technique, so the walls were great for when we had an itch on our backs and we'd rub up on it like bears, though some of the peaks in the paint were sharp enough that we all at one point or another drew blood if we brushed up against it while walking past. We used to have parties and invite our students (we were all grad students in linguistics and taught ESL classes as TAs.) Those were fun parties. Truly international. The Japanese students were always early. The Europeans arrived next, except for the Spanish - they arrived the latest with the South Americans. The Koreans (damn, could they drink!), Taiwanese, and West Africans were somewhere in between. After one party that went particularly long and hard, we spent the entire next day all piled on the couch together, watching movies, ordering delivery for every meal, and recovering.

Damn, it's been a while since it took me only one day to recover from social activity. These days, it takes me three days to recover from a long phone conversation 🤣 (To be fair, that's just as much about being an incurable introvert as it is about getting old.)
Yup, know that vibe and miss it. University of Toronto was a den of international sin and pleasure before wildly discriminatory tuition and visa rules killed the mood. Fond memories(and a few photos, happily)of many a soiree starring Russians, HK pals, Bengalis, ex-pat Americans, multi-color S. Africans, Poles, Brits, an
attractive Mongolian(!), boring PRC cadre, Chileans, and a mixed grill of Scandinavian/Baltic grad students.

Contract getting signed today, closing July 12th. Oh and that garage....? Well it's a 1-1/2 cars wide and tandem 2 cars (Mustang's) long!

AVHPFi5.jpg
That's a sweet old pile! Fingers crossed for smooth sailing with the legal stuff! Happy there's room to park a toy or two!

Happy Friday Evening Hosers! Another week gone by. The weather here is getting hotter and more humid. Ugh. Tonight's dinner was a baked salmon with a strawberry chipotle glaze, young potatoes with garlic and butter, and buttered peas. Another win. The meal was paired with a bottle of Misfits and Mavens cab, which had a delightfully fruity flavor. Coffee and eclairs for dessert. Alarms are disabled and I'm looking forward to a weekend of... nothing. It's gone from nice to hot and humid just about overnight, and with all the rain the outdoors have become rather unbearable. Cheers!

@jeffashman your culinary skills remind me of a former member Gary A.

@jeffashman your culinary skills remind me of a former member Gary A.
Life is short and pleasures are few, one of the chiefest being teasing the palate... :) When I was a young Airman I had the opportunity to move off post and escape the chow hall food, but it forced me to learn how to cook, and I'm continually learning new recipes and new ways of tickling the palate, so to speak. Good food, good wine, good company make for a wonderful experience in this world where we can be so easily dragged down by the news and propaganda we are subject to on a daily basis. Cheers! 🍷

In grad school, I rented a house with three other people. Rent was a total of $1200/month, so $300 each. Three floors, (four including the not-totally-finished-but-not-a-murder-basement), six bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a small back yard. That was in Pittsburgh. I still think about that house. We called it the Funky House. The walls were painted with that sort of popcorn technique, so the walls were great for when we had an itch on our backs and we'd rub up on it like bears, though some of the peaks in the paint were sharp enough that we all at one point or another drew blood if we brushed up against it while walking past. We used to have parties and invite our students (we were all grad students in linguistics and taught ESL classes as TAs.) Those were fun parties. Truly international. The Japanese students were always early. The Europeans arrived next, except for the Spanish - they arrived the latest with the South Americans. The Koreans (damn, could they drink!), Taiwanese, and West Africans were somewhere in between. After one party that went particularly long and hard, we spent the entire next day all piled on the couch together, watching movies, ordering delivery for every meal, and recovering.

Damn, it's been a while since it took me only one day to recover from social activity. These days, it takes me three days to recover from a long phone conversation 🤣 (To be fair, that's just as much about being an incurable introvert as it is about getting old.)
Add one day of recovery for every decade over 20. Multiply that by 2 if you’re over 50.

AVHPFi5.jpg
Oh congratulations! So glad you found something. Can’t wait to see more pics. I’ve already designed your front landscaping in my mind if you’re interested!

Thank you for creating such a warm and welcoming space! It's refreshing to find a community centered around shared passions like photography and the simple joys of coffee and storytelling. Looking forward to unwinding here with fellow enthusiasts.
Welcome!

2 meters of mulch moved nearly, 2 more after that😱. Actually it's better than moving 4 meters of heavy soil or stones hey?

Life is short and pleasures are few, one of the chiefest being teasing the palate... :) When I was a young Airman I had the opportunity to move off post and escape the chow hall food, but it forced me to learn how to cook, and I'm continually learning new recipes and new ways of tickling the palate, so to speak. Good food, good wine, good company make for a wonderful experience in this world where we can be so easily dragged down by the news and propaganda we are subject to on a daily basis. Cheers! 🍷
Couldn't agree more! We love spending time pairing wine with our new culinary adventures. Like it really matters! :lol: But it's fun.

Happy Friday, hosers!

Most reactions

Back