🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LqnCuJ 🎁

The Coffee House

First World luxe! Here's hoping it doesn't try to mambo off the counter like our breadmaker!
Makes sense all-round for small loads. Dumped a pantload of dough hooking up a regulation
size dishwasher--way less for plumbing than for electrical connection to the panel at the opposite end
of the house.

Hosers! This weekend we finally had a break in the heatwave from last week. Cool day yesterday and this morning but now the sun is out and it’s hot and humid again. We’re under a tornado “watch” until 8pm. More likely to hit the western part of Mass than where I live.

Princess is making dinner tonight. Breaded chicken with vodka sauce. I’ve been dieting and doing intermittent fasting and have lost a few lbs. Trying to stick to my plan during the week and then splurge just enough to not feel deprived on the weekends.

Marginally cooler but still highly unstable up here: strong gusts and rain today. Planning for the upcoming Canada Day long weekend. Another member of the "Lost Boys" club is experimenting with a DIY tandoori oven today. Looks to me like a large chunk of precast concrete pipe with a lid, bottom slot for charcoal and side exit chimney. Those suckers get HOT! He and his Sikh advisors seem to be only semi-skilled at getting naan to stick to the interior. All dear old pals but total fails so far. Assured it will be up and running by next weekend. Avoiding Toronto and doing ribs instead at home on my old school Weber for my cave mates on Canada Day.

Hosers. Hosers. HOSEEEEERRRRS!!

It's here.

It's obviously taller than the drainer was, but otherwise has the same footprint as did the drainer plus the mat that was underneath. It takes 5 liters in the tank. Quick cycle is only 30 minutes. Glasses come out a tiny bit spotty but everything is squeaky clean. This may be the honeymoon phase speaking, but I'm in love :pumpformylove:

View attachment 276594
It looks gorgeous! All shiny new and clean. I wouldn't sweat the height of it - it looks like it's fitting just fine under the bit of cabinet it's near, so that works fine.

And look at all those clean dishes you didn't have to stand and wash by hand! :boogie:

Hosers! This weekend we finally had a break in the heatwave from last week. Cool day yesterday and this morning but now the sun is out and it’s hot and humid again. We’re under a tornado “watch” until 8pm. More likely to hit the western part of Mass than where I live.

Princess is making dinner tonight. Breaded chicken with vodka sauce. I’ve been dieting and doing intermittent fasting and have lost a few lbs. Trying to stick to my plan during the week and then splurge just enough to not feel deprived on the weekends.
The weather pattern has broken here, too - so it's definitely heading your way. Right now, Accuweather tells me it's 78F outdoors - and 60% humidity, which is icky but when the temps are this low and the breeze is blowing, it's not really noticeable. The drop from 90+ degrees F plus the same high humidity is something to celebrate!

Your diet plan sounds good. It's better to give yourself a break and do what you like on the weekends so you're more likely to be strict Monday through Friday. That's what helped me - that, and a food/calorie app.

That's sweet, Leo. One of the first things we did when we started the kitched remod - pick out a dishwasher.

We noticed the temps in Auburn, ME were getting back to normal. It looks like next week is going to be a mix - 90s then 80s, then 90s again. We had taco pie, last night, and I finished it off today. I'd never heard of it until one of the characters on "Blue Bloods" mentioned it.

When we moved into the apartment (years ago), my tool chests went to storage. I've gotten pieces over the years and inherited a few. A few weeks ago, I pulled the chests (a six drawer roll-away cabinet and five drawer chest that sit's on top) out of storage This weekend I started making an inventory of what I have. I discovered two things, right off the bat: most of my wrenches are SAE (English or "inch") while most nuts and bolts I use are metric; and there are not enough drawers for the tools if I am to keep them at least half-way organized. I ended up pulling wrenches from the truck kit for here. I'll replenish the truck later, with most needed sizes.

A sneak peek:

cmw3_ip12m_IMG_E1266.jpg cmw3_ip12m_IMG_E1264.jpg

Well howdy! Someone finally propped the door to Hell open and it's gotten very hot, very fast. 98F/36.7C with a heat index of 103F/39.4C at 48% humidity, and looking at 100F/37.8C by Tuesday with heat index probably pushing 108F/42.2C. Summer in Texas. Yeehaw! And to think I used to go on hikes in this, now I can hardly get myself out the door just to water the plants.

Well howdy! Someone finally propped the door to Hell open and it's gotten very hot, very fast. 98F/36.7C with a heat index of 103F/39.4C at 48% humidity, and looking at 100F/37.8C by Tuesday with heat index probably pushing 108F/42.2C. Summer in Texas. Yeehaw! And to think I used to go on hikes in this, now I can hardly get myself out the door just to water the plants.
It's hard to believe, not that long ago, I was still wearing flannel shirts.

@terri I've been using the free version of the MyFitnessPal app since November 23. Not only did I manage to lose 50lbs, but I've maintained my weight loss. I've continued to use the app on a maintenance intake level. Doing so gives me a feel for how much to cut back when I want to splurge.

Its in the triple digit "feels like" here today. Not much relief in sight until next weekend.

Drinking more will relieve any temptation/ability for getting up from the chair. Given the heat, maybe not a bad move!

Drinking more will relieve any temptation/ability for getting up from the chair. Given the heat, maybe not a bad move!
Just opened a bottle of my latest fig wine creation. Added rapid aging with toasted oak in the third racking. Brought out a beautiful amber color, and definitely an improvement overall, but still needs more. Another batch currently in secondary fermentation. This time I'll char the oak chips for the rapid aging process. Hate that it takes so long to find out how well my ideas turn out.

@terri I've been using the free version of the MyFitnessPal app since November 23. Not only did I manage to lose 50lbs, but I've maintained my weight loss. I've continued to use the app on a maintenance intake level. Doing so gives me a feel for how much to cut back when I want to splurge.
Exactly the one I used, and I like it! Keeps me honest when you make yourself enter in every meal. It's a good app for a freebie.

Was sceptical about windshield glass rubbing compound to get off all the nasty stuff so i could see out, $40 well spent. Done by hand🥶.

Ps. Having camping withdrawals, the mornings are pretty cold now and the boys dont wanna go outside so early lately🤣. There having a lazy sleepy day in the lounge room...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back