The Coffee House

It looks gorgeous! All shiny new and clean. I wouldn't sweat the height of it - it looks like it's fitting just fine under the bit of cabinet it's near, so that works fine.

And look at all those clean dishes you didn't have to stand and wash by hand! :boogie:

Yeah, the height doesn't bother me. When there were bigger dishes were in the drainer, it was about the same height, and I was never great about clearing out the drainer regularly, so there were always dishes in it. It looked a lot messier than the dishwasher does.

That's sweet, Leo. One of the first things we did when we started the kitched remod - pick out a dishwasher.

We noticed the temps in Auburn, ME were getting back to normal. It looks like next week is going to be a mix - 90s then 80s, then 90s again. We had taco pie, last night, and I finished it off today. I'd never heard of it until one of the characters on "Blue Bloods" mentioned it.

When we moved into the apartment (years ago), my tool chests went to storage. I've gotten pieces over the years and inherited a few. A few weeks ago, I pulled the chests (a six drawer roll-away cabinet and five drawer chest that sit's on top) out of storage This weekend I started making an inventory of what I have. I discovered two things, right off the bat: most of my wrenches are SAE (English or "inch") while most nuts and bolts I use are metric; and there are not enough drawers for the tools if I am to keep them at least half-way organized. I ended up pulling wrenches from the truck kit for here. I'll replenish the truck later, with most needed sizes.

A sneak peek:

View attachment 276603 View attachment 276602

Good tool chests are a wonderful thing! Congrats on being able to break them out again!

The tornado watch has ended, go in peace.

We had one, too. Nothing happened during the warning period. I was heading out to the store when I saw the alert, so I waited until it was over and headed out. All was fine. I was out for maybe 45 minutes. Got home and 5 minutes later, the wind picked up hard and the skies opened up. Storm passed, all fine, moving on.

Exactly the one I used, and I like it! Keeps me honest when you make yourself enter in every meal. It's a good app for a freebie.
We've used the app off and on for several years, with good success. It also makes you aware of the relationship between lifestyle, exercise and calorie requirements. The only downside is the free version no longer has the ability to scan the bar code to enter. To get that you have to pay the $90+ yearly subscription.

Tornadoes in the NE???? Welcome to our world where we average 30 across the state in a year. In April of 2011 we got hit with 62 in one day, caused massive destruction, and 250 dead.

Yep. What a crazy day yesterday was. I have seen Tornado Warnings in Vermont, not at least in my county anyways BUT I have NEVER seen Tornado Warning, Severe Thunderstorm Warning AND Flood Warnings at the same time. I am not aware of any have actually touched down, at my place just got some heavy rain and some thunder.

PXL_20240623_205449340.jpg

Don't mind the snakes in front of the TV, its to keep my orange cat from wanting to scratch on the TV!

Seems nature is fighting back against man's intrusion here. The cougars and panthers continue to make their presence know, multiple sightings of alligators in area lakes, last week we had a couple black bears running around, and today a herd of feral hogs was spotted about a mile from us. I don't walk the fire lanes anymore unarmed.....I'm to old to run very fast or far.😉

Seems nature is fighting back against man's intrusion here. The cougars and panthers continue to make their presence know, multiple sightings of alligators in area lakes, last week we had a couple black bears running around, and today a herd of feral hogs was spotted about a mile from us. I don't walk the fire lanes anymore unarmed.....I'm to old to run very fast or far.😉

That sounds like you're in a zoo of sorts haha.

But think of the photo ops...

But think of the photo ops...
But they're never at opp times. Most of the time you only hear the cats squalling just after dark, and I have no interest in searching them out in the dark, makes the hair stand up on my neck.. Last time I saw one of the cougars, it ran out in the road in front of us coming home from Church one Sunday. The gators appear and are gone quickly as are the hogs. The bears you see more often because they like to raid trash cans.

Today is 96 and tomorrow 100. Last evening was about 90 and not too bad. I did the creek shoot with my niece. Below grade creek level was pleasant with a nice breeze. Wore my water shoes to walk down the creek. Some rocks were slippery in the water with algae.

062424KcellSMW.jpg

@CherylL I've busted my derriere several times trout fishing in the Smokies. The older you get the less you bounce. :chuncky:
I slid down stairs going into a cenote in Mexico. I opted out of water shoes that time. Live and learn! Yes bouncing less with age.

@CherylL jealous. Last week it was mid 90s all week and today is just low 60s. I need my sunshine.
We went to Mexico in May and was unseasonably hot in the 90s with real feel of 100+. Came home and it was 60s weather which was unusual. I like the warmth and sunshine, but not the high heat humidity.

We went to Mexico in May and was unseasonably hot in the 90s with real feel of 100+. Came home and it was 60s weather which was unusual. I like the warmth and sunshine, but not the high heat humidity.

Its weird, when it humid my runny nose goes away. But when the air is too dry, it constantly runs. Drives me nuts so when its humid I feel relief! Haha. I'm weird.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back