The Coffee House

@CherylL I've busted my derriere several times trout fishing in the Smokies. The older you get the less you bounce. :chuncky:
I got away from trout fishing for a long time and took it back up a couple years ago. One of the first places I went to was Cunningham Falls State Park and Catoctin Mountain National Park (home of Camp David) which are across the road from each other. I wanted to cross over the creek and very briefly considered one of the numerous fallen trees or try the slippery rocks - nope; not that brave (or stupid) any more. I picked up a pair of waders and wading shoes soon after.

And, no, I didn't cath anything. But it was nice getting back into the woods.

Yep. What a crazy day yesterday was. I have seen Tornado Warnings in Vermont, not at least in my county anyways BUT I have NEVER seen Tornado Warning, Severe Thunderstorm Warning AND Flood Warnings at the same time. I am not aware of any have actually touched down, at my place just got some heavy rain and some thunder.

View attachment 276626

Don't mind the snakes in front of the TV, its to keep my orange cat from wanting to scratch on the TV!
Check out the time lapse videos of the storm hovering over the Mt Washington resort posted by Rob Wright on Insta. Huge system that looked like it had several possible funnels ready to drop.

Seems nature is fighting back against man's intrusion here. The cougars and panthers continue to make their presence know, multiple sightings of alligators in area lakes, last week we had a couple black bears running around, and today a herd of feral hogs was spotted about a mile from us. I don't walk the fire lanes anymore unarmed.....I'm too old to run very fast or far.😉

That sounds like you're in a zoo of sorts haha.

Or a really bad remake of Jumanji.

Its weird, when it humid my runny nose goes away. But when the air is too dry, it constantly runs. Drives me nuts so when its humid I feel relief! Haha. I'm weird.
I have seasonal allergies here and in the winter the dry air bothers me. When I am in Mexico it all clears up. I think that is from the fresh salt air.

The sewer lateral has one broken piece near the end of the line. My realtor sent in a request for estimate and seller fix. Even if they do not want to fix I could get a credit off the purchase price.
WOOHOO!!!!! Seller is fixing the sewer!!!!! All that is left now is the appraisal and underwriter which I should hear about in the next 2 days. Also have the movers booked to move my apartment AND my $200 a month storage unit, will be nice to get that $200 a month back.

Any way we can include "Tea" into the title, coffees bloody gross😉.

The Coffee/Tea House🤪...

Ps. Its cold, but not freezing cold. No wind & no rain, only time it's worth being cold is when it snows. But it dont snow here at 60 meters!

Pps. The bunnys are out in it, Binky can thank Thumper for that as he started chewing on one of his box burrows so they both got evicted🤣.

WOOHOO!!!!! Seller is fixing the sewer!!!!! All that is left now is the appraisal and underwriter which I should hear about in the next 2 days. Also have the movers booked to move my apartment AND my $200 a month storage unit, will be nice to get that $200 a month back.
Nice. Glad you hung in for a seller fix! Fingers crossed for a smooth move.

way we can include "Tea" into the title, coffees bloody gross😉.
Here in the south it's black coffee in the morning. If the eye lids don't fly up with the first sip, it's to weak. By noon as the temperature rises we switch to ice tea, sweet with lemon. When 5 o'clock rolls around it's time for something to offset the caffeine.😉

Congrats! This is starting to sound pretty real. ;) I can speak from experience about how nice it is to get your stuff out of storage - and yes, you're in for a $200 month raise. Sweet!

Sorry, no. We threw the tea into the harbor, long ago. :biglaugh:
Here in the south it's black coffee in the morning. If the eye lids don't fly up with the first sip, it's to weak. By noon as the temperature rises we switch to ice tea, sweet with lemon. When 5 o'clock rolls around it's time for something to offset the caffeine.😉
But tea has caffeine too🤪!

But tea has caffeine too🤪!
A former member here got me hooked on "real" coffee. I order single orgin organic coffee beans from a small roaster I met many years ago in FL. Its never bitter, the only aftertaste are the specific notes of the coffee. Right now I'm enjoying a bag of Ethopian, (medium light) according to is description it "has notes of strawberry and stone fruit with a nice floral, almost tea-like, essence". At the opposite end of the spectrum is Sumatra a dark roast with a very rich flavor, but again no acidic bitterness. My favorite is Java, a medium dark roast, with hints of chocolate, but it's been hard to get.

For ice tea the gold standard for us is a company founded in Alabama, Milo's. DW makes pretty good ice tea, but Milo's already prepared is number one on the list.

Southern sweet tea! If anything can overwhelm the pancreas, it's that stuff... diabetes in a glass... 😂

@jeffashman Not sure if Milo's is available that far out, if it is, try it......really good. Milo's In Store Near You | Milo's Tea Company
IMG_1324.jpeg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back