The Coffee House

image.jpg

PS- Mary Lou's and Gary's Bowl Picnic. The Tri-Tip was very very good and different.

Not much of a fan of the superhero type movies. I did go see 'Jason Bourne' though. What action!!!
I said many times during it, HOW do they film this stuff?
I know blue screens and computer magic....
It was well worth my $8.25

Ugh. I was doing okay today, and the day has gone quite quickly for a Monday, and especially for a Monday with a boring project to do.

I have an hour left and I am dragging, hosers. Draaaaaaagging.

I hope you've poured yourself a nice beer or glass of wine...my wife came back today and immediately walked to the bar to get her favorite wine glass out to hand to me.

Ok. That is amazing. SPOT ON.

Did you see the movie? Within the first hour, my wife says, "Do you want to turn it off, it's not good." I said that we already spent an hour, we might as well finish it. I didn't realize it was 2.5 hours long. Ugh.

More spoiler rants...

Nah. I've enjoyed superhero movies but this latest spate of them has left me completely uninterested, and nothing that I've read about them, including your rants, changes my mind about them.

I'm wondering when someone is finally going to come up with something new and interesting in terms of sci-fi/action/hero movies. The Star Trek reboots and new Star Wars are really well done, but they're still building on an existing canon. Nothing really truly original AND fantastic has been done since the original Matrix.
This was my first superhero movie* since Man of Steel, and before that, it was The Dark Knight.

*I did see Deadpool, which was very good, IMO. It was funny, and I would watch it again. Plus, his name is Wade, so that's k*ckass. ;)

I totally agree. Every movie nowadays is pretty much a regurgitation of an existing series. The new Star Trek and Star Wars movies are good, but totally agree with you.

Stranger Things was an excellent show. The first season is 8 episodes long on Netflix (not sure if you have it). If you plan on watching the show, don't open my spoiler below. It doesn't really give anything away, but I don't want to spoil anything. Overall, I thought the show was spectacular. It hooked my wife and I on the first episode, which typically doesn't happen with me. Dexter was one of the last series that hooked me quickly. Good thriller series, but we ended up not finishing it because it got a little wonky/messy, IMO. (I can't remember the specifics, but I remember losing interest.)

One of my qualms with Stranger Things came near the end in the bathroom. I won't give away the ending here, but I thought it heavily borrowed from one X-Files episode. I know that sci-fi can be hard to create, but the show had a very X-Files and Twin Peaks vibe. So, because of that, I feel they borrowed it rather than creating their own storyline.

Ugh. I was doing okay today, and the day has gone quite quickly for a Monday, and especially for a Monday with a boring project to do.

I have an hour left and I am dragging, hosers. Draaaaaaagging.

I hope you've poured yourself a nice beer or glass of wine...my wife came back today and immediately walked to the bar to get her favorite wine glass out to hand to me.

shot_1471908426108.jpg

That looks like my wife.... I'll pass, the beer would probably yell at after a few.

Let her hear you say that and it won't take any beer to get yourself yelled at.

I do all the time and your right, she yells more. Oh well, I just have to figure out new ways to annoy her, I'm printing this out and writing her name with an arrow, oh draw my no yell sign too. That is gonna get her good and irritated. Thanks bud.

The last one was a sign I hung in the man cave, it referenced a bj bank for every nagging episode....that didn't go over well. The bank is overflowing with blank chips.[emoji31]

Most reactions

Back