The Coffee House

Tuesday's lunch spot (Acadia in the distance):

33146733_10155741804334007_680510428152856576_o.jpg

Are you spending the long weekend in Maine? Acadia is one of my favorite place in Maine. I wish it were closer (5 hours for me)!

I typically try to avoid Mother Nature when she's pissed. But that's just me, haha.

This!

Congrats to @snowbear s Caps on making it to the Stanley Cup. I see them hoisting the Cup this year. Off to Toledo this morning, then St. Joe, MI and Chicago for the weekend. Unfortunately, won't be going downtown Chicago to shoot. I will be street shooting in downtown St. Joe and downtown Naperville, IL on Saturday. Cookout in Bolingbrook, IL Saturday night, graduation ceremony of Sunday. Now have to decide what lens to bring, probably the 56 f1.2. Just want to use one camera, one lens on this trip.

Just finished watching a slide show of the Kilauea volcano eruptions. Fascinating and beautiful shots. So here's the question. Let's assume someone would say - "I'll pay for your trip and all expenses to go there and photograph these eruptions" - would you:
  1. Go? How long would you stay, if they matched your pay?
  2. Given the increasing instability and "lava bombs", how close would you be willing to get for the shot? Close enough that the shoes start smoking???
  3. Considering they're moving in military aircraft to evacuate rapidly if necessary, what would be your signal to GET OUT FAST?

About ten years back if it had been me, then I`d jump at that with not a worry at all. Ten years ago with my 1100D I was taking shots of some stormy waves, but wanted to get closer for the Wow shot as only had a 18-55mm on. I got the Wow shot, but also got a smack with a big wave that sent me flying, got soaked like a drowned rat and so did the 1100D and we both got through it.

Tuesday's lunch spot (Acadia in the distance):

33146733_10155741804334007_680510428152856576_o.jpg

Are you spending the long weekend in Maine? Acadia is one of my favorite place in Maine. I wish it were closer (5 hours for me)!

We are actually leaving tomorrow. We left NY on Sat - spent one night in NH and then drove over to Maine. We are staying within sight of Acadia but have no interest in being near it for Memorial Day! ;)

4 hours and some minutes.
24.01 for the week so far. PO Box, box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

3DC0D12A-1D18-4C72-A055-D0864C77A981.jpeg

iPhone

The Jacarandas are in bloom. Most/all of the residential streets in La Mirada have street strips. The city offers free Jacarandas and installation for those strips. Consequently, the neighborhoods are filled with Jacarandas.

View attachment 158323
iPhone

The Jacarandas are in bloom. Most/all of the residential streets in La Mirada have street strips. The city offers free Jacarandas and installation for those strips. Consequently, the neighborhoods are filled with Jacarandas.

I thought I heard my name.
Hello Gary and all you beautiful people. Happy (almost) Memorial Day.

I am a new dog owner times two. They were a belated Valentines gift to Wifey and I will bombard you all with photos hopefully soon.

Miss you all!!!!!

Hmm, am I allowed to post my Instagram?

Had a walk with Susie, and I came back wet as the humidity here is 86 and going up.

I thought I heard my name.
Hello Gary and all you beautiful people. Happy (almost) Memorial Day.

I am a new dog owner times two. They were a belated Valentines gift to Wifey and I will bombard you all with photos hopefully soon.

Miss you all!!!!!

Hmm, am I allowed to post my Instagram?
Looking forward to puppies; post away.

Most reactions

Back