The Coffee House

I'd guess not. If it ain't broke blah blah blah. Hey ho.

Hope you are well otherwise.😉
Well, not to belabor the point, but....it kinda WAS broke. Broke/hacked/defaced - it wasn't good, and did indeed call for major action. Of course, no one likes seeing the pages looking different, but that's just a question of getting used to it.

I DO NOT like this new system layout
It’s just made life hard, is there any way I can go back to the old layout
just a few minutes ago the media slider wasn't working and now it is. maybe give them a day or two to get the new layout sorted. 😉

Oh gee something else to relearn at my age. 🙄

just a few minutes ago the media slider wasn't working and now it is. maybe give them a day or two to get the new layout sorted. 😉
What's a media slider?

Looks like the hated "red X" for Disagree is gone. I consider this nothing but happy dance

THIS IS GOOD! Looks like the Agree, Funny, Useful, and Infomative button disappeared as well.

So as I understand all the May posts are gone? Or just temporarily misplaced?

It is, just looks different. Click on that Like icon, lower right here, to see the lineup. As I mentioned earlier, the awful "Disagree" button is blessedly gone.
On Android there's no lineup, just like.

Yup you know my feelings on that button. I won't be sorry it's gone.

What's a media slider?
no idea, but there were x's under the words media slider at the top of the forum home page and now there's images instead of x's. so whatever it is is working.

So as I understand all the May posts are gone? Or just temporarily misplaced?
They exist in a former version of TPF that is no longer viable to use, since it was hacked and is likely buggy as all git-out. We don't want it, I'm sure. So their best recourse was to go back to version that was still clean, then do the upgrade from that date in time.

I do feel the worst for Charlie atm, having to start the May POTM all over again - ALL those photos are gone, unfortunately. At least we have the April winner, but that will have to be re-posted, too.

No one likes re-work. :grumpy-36:

@terri Just logged in on computer. The Icons pop up when you hover over the Like, but on the Android Tablet/phone they don't. You just have the Like option.

@terri Just logged in on computer. The Icons pop up when you hover over the Like, but on the Android Tablet/phone they don't. You just have the Like option.
Interesting. I've stayed on the laptop since this morning, just to make sure I got a larger view!

Apparently users can now import emojis, if that floats your boat - wonder if that will work from phones/tablets.

Most reactions

Back